Better late than never

A place you can introduce yourself or just say hi to everyone.
tlmiller

Better late than never

Post by tlmiller »

So this is my introductions.

Been a linux user for close to 20 years. Been a linux sysadmin off and on for about 10 years now.

Very picky, I like my OS the way I want it, and don't want anything I don't want. So I have a tendency to be VERY particular in most things, such as desktop environments especially. Also, I'd rather have nothing installed than too much, I hate having to trim down an installation of all the extra garbage that's installed. So although I liked fully featured, I actually like minimalistic installs so that I don't have to remove the extra junk.

Avid paintball player. Been doing that for 24 years now.

Love me sports cars. Daily driver is a 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium Performance Package, my weekend car is a 2007 Chevy Corvette Z51.
crosscourt

Re: Better late than never

Post by crosscourt »

Nice 2007 Corvette. I also prefer lightweight distros that dont install too much and offer better performance.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, great cars, but mine has an appetite for fuel level sensors. My second one just died Friday. Have to call and find out if my extended warranty (yeah, my 11 year old car is still under warranty) will cover it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats crazy, wonder whats causing it. My 1970 Dodge Charger 318 2 barrel had it replaced once, loved that car.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Who knows? Maybe just bad luck... I did talk to my warranty folks today and it's covered, and since it's a vanishing deductible extended warranty, I won't even have a deductible.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad youve got a warranty as most dont.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I made sure to purchase extended warranty. Take the car in Tuesday to get it repaired. Been driving it a lot this past week to try to get the tank down to a decent level so that they don't have too hard a time emptying it since the whole tank needs to be dropped to do the fuel level senssor.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive done replacements of fuel sensors, its a fairly easy repair to do, but easy to screw up as well.
Site Moderator