Could not login

Report problems with the forums
crosscourt

Could not login

Post by crosscourt »

I used the proper login and password but it was not accepted many times then the confirmation code came up and after that I finally got on site.
First time its ever happened.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Could not login

Post by tlmiller »

Had no issues here. Haven't actually had any issues yet since joining. Even the double login that many sites have (expecting a cookie and so fails to login first try since there is no pre-existing cookie, for instance q4os forums has this issue), has never happened to me here.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I haven't had any issues either, although not sure what "confirmation code" means?

I did have one problem not long after setting the site up but that was with bit-defender (IIRC) which is part of the protection package my host uses, all it did was make me confirm I was a real user and haven't seen it since.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

If you try to login too many times in succession the software requires you type in a confirmation code to continue. Its a safeguard in case somebody or something is trying to crack the site.

I had it happen last night once, not sure why.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I get it now :oops: didn't realise that was what you meant.

I haven't noticed anything here, I will have a look in the logs to see if there is anything "untoward" regarding logins...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Couldnt get on the site for over an hour from 5pm-6:15PM EST. First time its ever happened.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

When you say couldn't get on site do you mean the site was available but you couldn't log in or the site was not available?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Site was not available at all. Not sure what the issue was as so far its been easy to access.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I haven't found any other errors and the only thing I can think of is that you may be making too many connections and the anti ddos measures taken by my host will automatically block your ip address. Are you polling the rss feed often or anything like that?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Id only be on site twice today and i tend to login and stay on site at night rather than bounce in and out. Havent done anything unusual.

Probably was a fluke, we'll see what happens.
Site Moderator