Lenovo Legion R25f-30 monitor

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Lenovo Legion R25f-30 monitor

Post by crosscourt »

I ordered one of these, which is a 240hz, 1080p / 24.5 inch monitor, with an earjack/2 speakers, 2 hdmi and 1 displayport. Its height can be adjusted ,as well as tilt and rotation of the screen left right or into portrait mode.
It was only $150 and will be a step up from my present Dell monitor. With my improvement in vision it was time to go to a newer monitor with a larger number of settings, such as Freesync.
Ill post back once it comes but for the money its a nice deal.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Lenovo Legion R25f-30 monitor

Post by wove »

I grew up and have lived in small towns most of my life. I always thought it would be nice to live in a big city so you could go to a store look at things that interested you and then maybe just buy them and take them home to enjoy them right away. Now even if you live in a big city things are just ordered and everyone waits for delivery.

I hope the new monitor is all you hope it will be. For a long time I used a 12" amber monitor and I remember thinking I had died and gone to heaven when I picked up a 17" multi-scan monitor. Now 24" plus monitors are the norm. It is strange to think the GUI revolution really started with a Mac using a 10" monitor with a 512X380 (?) resolution.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Before 2019 I was still on a 19inch Acer monitor and a Dell 20 nch monitor. Switched to a 24inch Dell monitor Christmas of 2019 as it was my first widescreen monitor and it took some getting use to. Looking forward to be able to run games a bit faster and enjoying the quality of the image. The monitor is adjustable and thats going to help as I found the old one caused me to sit in some odd positions.
I still love CRTs and even today, they hold up very well and especially the Trinitrons look as good or better than many modern monitors.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Should be here tomorrow, Ill post back when I get it setup and running.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Item came yesterday and its amazing for the price. The stand by itself is much better than you see with most lower tier monitors. The stand attaches to the base with a single screw with finger tightener attached. The stand attaches to the monitor using 4 cap screws and youre ready to go. Includes to power cord and a displayport cable. Very easy to setup and initially I was using the touch controls to change the settings but in Win11 there was software provided from Lenovo so everything can be dialed in thru the app. Native resolution is 1920x1080 and Im running at 240hz presently. Visual quality is excellent both in games and watching videos or movies. Its slightly larger than my last monitor at 24.5 inches but with the fully adjustable stand Im able to sit far more comfortably and easier on the eyes. The included speakers are not very good but for everyday tasks you might be able to get away with them. For the money, it was a great buy. Ill be testing this with Zorin very soon and Ill post back.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

My wife uses a 27" Viewsonic monitor, that is probably 15 years old now. It of course only has the one refresh rate, and I have no idea what it might be. When she first got it I thought it was way to big, but as I get older it is nice on the eyes. It is a 1920x1080 resolution which at first I thought looked very pixelated, but the aging eyes now see it as a better blended image. It is a straight up monitor and she uses a bluetooth speaker setup for sound.

Nice to hear you are happy with your purchase. A good monitor lasts for quite a long time and it would be a bummer to get one that was disappointing.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im trying it in Zorin and unfortunately Zorin is only supporting up to a 75hz refresh rate, instead of the 240hz native rate.
Site Moderator