cataract surgery

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

cataract surgery

Post by crosscourt »

Im home and the surgery went well. Its a better experience than I expected and the results were good, Will have to rest for a week. My eyes are really puffy right now but the improvement in vision was immediate. Still blurry and dilated so wont know how good the visuals will be till then. Right now though the vision is already pretty good.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Re: cataract surgery

Post by dai_trying »

That's great news! My father had laser surgery on his eyes and the difference was quite literally night and day!
wove

Post by wove »

Boy of boy improved vision sounds so nice. Enjoy giving everything a closer inspection and perhaps Virgina drivers will feel a bit safer :) Enjoy the clarity of improved vision.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The crazy thing is I now see all the problems in the house and how much cleaning and fixing I need to do ,that I hadn't seen before. It was quite shocking.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Oh yeah :) My wife often asks me, "Just how dirty does the floor have to get before you will pick up a broom!" To which I will sheepishly reply, "The floor looks fine."
chris

Post by chris »

I knew it. Another reason to be thankful I live alone - well since the cat died.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been 4 years and between the pandemic, my vision issues and setting up for retirement, a lot of problems cropped up in the house that my wife didn't mention. Bathroom in particular needs a lot of work, plus some ceiling cracks, baseboard issues, a lot of wall/ceiling repair and painting, plus the balcony needs to be scraped and repainted. Just goes to show how bad my vision was, that I didn't see how bad things really were. House in general needs a good cleaning as well as blind replacements. Bathroom needs a new faucet, caulking, clean the tile and replace the light fixture. So much for retirement, LOL!!!
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
That's Great that your surgery went well..! I know you're all reved up and ready to go, but, just take it easy for a week. Hopefully,you'll be able to do most of the repairs yourself. Just relax and heal for now. Which beckons me to ask you this simple question...
How do you eat an elephant...?? One bite at a time.... :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!!
My wife has been yelling at me to not do so much as I was definitely charged up . Im sitting down till middle of next week so that my eye pressure doesn't get too high. I was stunned at all the problems around the house I missed because of my eyes. Its amazing how much you can miss and now how much Im seeing that needs a lot of work. Eye wont completely heal for a month but I can be more active next week.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Your wife is right..!! :lol: In the meantime, so you're not annoyed, put a pair of blinders on, so you not chomping at the bit..! :D :lol: