Is this the future? rabbit r1 personal companion

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Is this the future? rabbit r1 personal companion

Post by crosscourt »

Its a very unique device that uses AI in a small, inexpensive package that changes the way you interact with tech. It could be what replaces smartphones eventually and could be included in other devices as well, allowing for a unique interface experience.

Look here, www.rabbit.tech

Please be patient as this site is getting a lot of traffic.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Is this the future? rabbit r1 personal companion

Post by wove »

I got around to watching the Keynote video this morning. It is a very playful looking device. In the end though it appears to be mostly and input device, for existing devices. It did interact with the various AI minions on its own, but to actually complete a real world task it relies on having another device, becoming more of an add on device to your luggage than a replacement for what you already use.

The training aspect was interesting, but for home use many of the tasks felt sort of one off and to me anyway it seems the "training" aspect would only be of use, if it were a repetitive task, of which I have very few complex repetitive tasks that I do. Of course I am at a point where I am more winding down from the future, than planning engagements with the future. so I am not the target audience for the device.

Just to speculate, I would imagine that one is more likely to see current tech incorporate technology like this than to see something like this device become a standalone wave of the future.
crosscourt

Re: Is this the future? rabbit r1 personal companion

Post by crosscourt »

It only costs $199 so as an appliance it may see wider usage if can offer an experience thats suitable to many users. In my case Im behind the curve and will stay there as its cheaper and frankly I prefer older hardware for a variety of reasons.
Site Moderator