Site Moderator
bin

Re: Firefox 122 released

Post by bin »

:D You mean Firefox 122 ???? :D I hope!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Whoops! Ill fix that and just shows you how pissed off I am about the password issues with Thunderbird.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Firefox for me has always been install it, use it, forget it. I just let it install whatever updates there are. I do not recall the last time I had any problems with it. I use the Firefox sync so once I sign in on any new install it is ready to go. When I looked it had updated to 122 and I never even noticed. I really like it when things go that smoothly.

The Firefox Sync is the only Mozilla software I use. I just never got into using Thunderbird. I have never tried Pocket. My RSS reader handles that type of reading material and the "Reader Mode" and print to pdf handles articles I want to dig into more deeply. I do worry about the longer term future of Mozilla. They are loosing user share. There are very few browsers that still rely on Gecko and none I am aware of that user the current Gecko, most using the ESR version.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Both Firefox and Thunderbird have been like loyal friends and have served me well over the years. The issue I was having with Thunderbird turned out to be an issue with my email provider and hopefully they will get it fixed.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The recent 122.01 update causes a strange issue where the screen dissapears for a time and eventually recovers back. You can see the outline of Firefox but no print or content shows on the screen.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Confirmed the issue is with 122.01 as Chrome and Edge are unaffected.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Also it has issues playing some videos with freezing and popping out and starting you over. Tested Chrome and Edge and both did fine on the same videos.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tested on a HP Victus 15L system that uses a Ryzen 5600g/Geforce GTX 1660 super video card with recent drivers in Win11 and had no issues at all. The Dell Optiplex 7010 uses a i5 3470 cpu and a Geforce GT 740 video card, with older drivers in Win10 and has constant problems.

I decided to uninstall 122.0.1 and install Firefox ESR 115.2 and what a difference. No issues whatsoever so far but Ill continue testing. The Dell I use for older gaming and it also runs Win,7 so it uses older hardware and drivers in both Win10/7. Ill post back if further testing shows issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Absolutely no issues with 115.2 ESR and it feels a bit faster than 122.
Site Moderator