Happy New Year....Not..!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Happy New Year....Not..!

Post by CaptNoize »

I awoke New Year's Day, with a terrible pain, in 2 places, in my right leg. The first pain was located right behind my right knee cap. The second was down further, in my calf area, and my leg was swelled. I had been down this road before, in 2012, and 2019, so being I live alone, I got dressed and drove myself to the hospital. After several hours of waiting around for an answer, in the ER, the doctor confirmed my suspicions. I have 2 blood clots in my right leg. I'm now on Xaralto, again, and will be on it, for at least 30 days.
The lesson here is don't mess around at home, if you get a deep pain,and swelling in either of your legs. A DVT can be FATAL..!!💀💀 I damn near died in 2019, spent 6 days in the ICU, over 4 blood clots..! Go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY,if you suspect a clot. ANYONE of ANY age can get them...!!!
Happy New Year....... Not 😤😤😕😕😡😡
chris

Re: Happy New Year....Not..!

Post by chris »

Bad news. Lucky ER was open NYD.
Hope it gets better soon.
wove

Post by wove »

Sounds like a very rocky start to the new year. I hope it turns out alright and the year improves as it goes on. We have just been relaxing and lounging about for the last week or so. There is a fair amount of stuff we would like to get done this year, but it is still early and neither the wife nor I are prone to just jumping right in.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry you went thru that Capt but glad youre ok. Ive been sick with a bad upper respiratory infection for the last 16 days and I just got out of bed today and my wife tested positive for Covid. Hopefuly we will all recover from all of this.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
That's a long time to be down..! :shock: I hope you get well soon, and no one on here gets RSV, or pneumonia, that seems to be going around here, and across the country.
I've already had the Trump-ets around here tell me it's from getting the Covid booster, 2 years ago now, caused this.. :roll: :x I had one of those idiots put a lump of coal, in my mail box. I recently seen him, and told him, " That's a Federal offense, and the next time you touch my mailbox, I 'll see you in Country Lockup, Idiot. I carry, so he didn't dare say a word to me, and he knew I had him on video, doing this. You would think this silliness would be done by now.... :roll: :x Since this is election year, I would advise everyone to be on your best behavior out in public. Cameras are everywhere...!😆
chris

Post by chris »

A lump of coal is/was a common New Year / Hogmanay present in the UK especially Scotland - see First Footing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-foot
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

In this country, where I live, messing with people's mailboxes, can get your head blown off.... at very least, a trip to Federal prison. :twisted: :twisted: Also, in this country, that's meant to be a Major disrespect....meant to piss people off.
wove

Post by wove »

Pennsylvania must be a lot rougher place to live than Minnesota. Around here a lump of coal in the mailbox during the holidays would provoke nothing more than a chuckle. I have trouble seeing that as a sign of "Major disrespect". It is nothing that makes me want to send someone to prison and falls far short of what it takes to piss me off.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

You would have to know the " idiot" that I'm speaking of. Most people around here that know him, would rather send him to the graveyard, than to jail... :twisted:
wove

Post by wove »

Yeah you are right I do know people I wish I did not. I think it is George Bernard Shaw is credited with saying, "I am sure I could never kill anyone, but there are many whose obituary I would read with delight."