Links in areas on home page

Report problems with the forums
wove

Links in areas on home page

Post by wove »

I was looking at the Tutorials & Guides on the Home Page. The link on the installing Q4 on the Installing Q4OS on the Pi high lighted as "continue reading", does not appear to work nor do the other "continue reading" links in that section. I was just poking around. I did run Q4 OS on my Pi 3B+ before switching over to using it for NextCloud.
dai_trying

Re: Links in areas on home page

Post by dai_trying »

I just looked at the page and it appears ok here, could you try again and see if it is working for you now? (i had to run a few updates)

note: The page is available from the tutorials page and not directly from the Pi Projects page here

Also it was done for an old version of Q4OS and I haven't tested it with newer versions, hth.
wove

Post by wove »

I am using the Palemoon browser which is a continuation of an older version of Firefox ESR made for older systems. When I click the "continue reading" link, nothing happens. When I right click the "continue reading" link and select "Open in a new tab" a new tab will open and the full article appears. I did just try this again using Safari on my wife's new Mac and I got the same results.

I have no knowledge or understanding of how web pages are created or even work. On some sites such a "continue reading" link will simply expand the page, adding more content, while other sites will open a new page with the expanded content. On this page neither the "continue reading", nor the "Tutorial and Guides" link do anything unless I right click and select "open in new tab". And in the case of "Tutorials and Guides" link, the open in new tab just opens the same page I am on in a new tab.

I am not close to my Linux machine with Firefox, but I will give that a try later today.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just checked and same as Dai, seems to be working fine.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I tried with Konqueror, Firefox, Vivaldi, and even BeOS. In no instance did the link "continue reading" do anything. It opens fine when right clicking and choosing "open in new tab" or "open in new window". The "continue reading" high lights like a link and the pointer turns into a finger when hovering over it, but clicking it does nothing.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I'm trying to find out what is causing this and the only thing I see wrong with the Wordpress site (Tutorials) is translations not updated, I don't imagine this would have any effect but will get it updated anyway.
If you try again could you force a page refresh first to make sure you don't have any "stale" cached files.

It's all working from here, and I'm using brave browser at the moment.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I just experienced this issue and purged the cache on my server, refreshed the cache in my browser and everything seems to work properly again, please let me know if you still have this issue, and thanks for pointing it out.
wove

Post by wove »

Yes, thank you. That did take care of the problem. It is working as I would expect now. I do enjoy reading the tutorials. I have become lazy using various apps for stuff and it was nice to see the "dd" command being used to copy the Q4OS image to an SD card. Have a wonderful new year:)
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

It's good to hear they are of use, I really must find some time to start posting again, and wishing you (and everyone reading) a great year. :D