Condo board trashed the cable offerings

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Condo board trashed the cable offerings

Post by crosscourt »

They wanted to save money and dropped to the most basic cable package cutting out a lot of good channels. The issue is, theyve offered cable as part of the condo fee and we pay bulk rates which are cheap.
Residents have been paying these low rates for cable all along so its not a savings as much as its an omission. Condo fees went up 15% so it may have been a knee jerk reaction to try and keep the condo fees as low as possible. Getting those channels back is much more expensive outside of the bulk rates. Call me old school but I actually like my cable offerings and dont do any streaming at all. Many channels can be had online to see shows after theyve aired but thats a pain. The sports channels like ESPN and some of the news channels like CNN and MSNBC are dropped. Thankfully there are websites like Tubitv that offer a lot of free shows and movies.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Condo board trashed the cable offerings

Post by crosscourt »

They are also spending money like water and we are going to try and do something about it. The board is basically out of control and isnt explaining itself much at all.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I feel for you CC. I live in a home about 25 miles north of Pittsburgh. I have access to 2 different cable companies at my home. The one was my cable/internet/ phone service, until they got greedy, and started raising the rates back in 2014. I had signed a " bundle agreement " but that didn't stop them from breaking the agreement. I lodged a complaint with the P.U.C. here, and they forced them to let me out of the contract. I had always messed around with antennas all my life, so I put up an outdoor antenna, got rid of my land line, and threatened to dump their internet, if they didn't make me a killer deal. I then bought Amazon Fire Tv, and 2 RCA digital tuners.( One for my main Tv, and one for the basement Tv) By " cutting the cord " I saved myself $800.00 the first year...!
It's too bad you couldn't put up an antenna, I get 69 channels in HD, for FREE..! :twisted:
I set up several of my friends with my system,saving them thousands of dollars, and screwing those thieving cable crooks out of money..! :twisted: :lol: :shock: :twisted:
I can save you a pile of money,if interested. Let me know your thoughts.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its much worse than that as they replaced roofs that didnt need to be replaced at $500000. Now they want to repair balconies at $900000, then repair the pool that doesnt need it for $400000 and new mail boxes at $56000!! The reserve fund only has $2.4 million in it and you know there will be many unplanned expenses.
About cable, I end up paying for it whether I use it or not, as its an included amenity through our documents. I use it for internet as well but antenna would work well for me as Im on the 4th fllor facing the right direction to get channels over the airwaves. Antennas on my windows woulk work well but this is what you go through with HOAs over time, as they have good and bad cycles of boards.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They are forcing us to pay for plumbing inspections, so Im sitting here waiting for my contractor friend to come over and do my inspection.
Site Moderator