Trinity Desktop

Discussion of software apps
wove

Trinity Desktop

Post by wove »

Yesterday I had a hankering to see if Trinity had anything new. My first try was with Q4OS. That was a disaster; I could not even get a working install. The installer went fine, but it would just not boot, hangin up with trying to mount the UFI file system. I thought it was me making mistakes during install, but a couple tries on real hardware as well as a VM did not get it to work.

My next try was with Fedora. That did not work either. I used the Fedora Everything spin, which just installs a base command line install. This was no doubt my ineptitude. I just could not figure out what I needed to add to get graphics up and running. And after much frustration, I tried using the LXQT spin as a base. That did not go any better. Trinity did install and I could start Trinity, but it was a total train wreak and I eventually tossed in the towel.

I was weary by this point, but I decided to give a final try using Kubuntu as a starting point. Well I wished I had started with that. Trinity installed just fine. It makes a nice amalgam of a system and on new(er) resource heavy hardware, it is faster than greased lightening. It also has lots of nice applications all with a very consistent look and feel.

By the time I reached the point of having a nice install, I was shot for the day. However I will definitely be spending more time seeing what all I can get done working in Trinity.
crosscourt

Re: Trinity Desktop

Post by crosscourt »

I grew out of Trinity with Q4OS and KDE had far fewer issues and ran very fast on all my hardware, with a better feature set. Back when I had much older hardware Trinity was a godsend. KDE is really fast on all my hardware and resource usage is great so I just moved on.
Site Moderator