Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by crosscourt »

Id like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Stay safe and dont eat too much. Weather here looks to be amazing for turkey day and I hope you have the same where you are.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by wove »

We had a nice quiet peaceful Thanksgiving, thanks for the wishes. Thanksgiving up here always marks the transition to winter and this morning it is a -10C, although it is dead calm out, it still feels cold. Like it or not it is time to get out the winter coat.

I think Canada has a Thanksgiving holiday. Is there a Thanksgiving Holiday celebrated elsewhere? Overall the holiday seems to be lost in a lead up to the next holiday. All of yesterday's news revolved around "Black Friday Deals."
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Also quiet here as the family gathering was cancelled due to Covid in a number of relatives. I had to covert your temp as I dont use Celsius temps regularly but 14f is darn cold.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I have a decent ability to work with units of distance, volume and weight in metric units. Much of that stems from both units being displayed on commonly used items. My speedometer has kph and mph. Food packaging has both measurement systems displayed. But with weather it is rare to seem both measurement systems used.

To rectify my deficiency I switched all my weather apps over to Celsius. I need to find a thermometer that has both measurements displayed. Hopefully over (a not too long a time) I will gain some proficiency in Celsius temperatures. I think Fahrenheit is a better system, because it is finer grained. The adding or subtracting of 32 does not bother me. It is that a degree of Celsius is ~2 degrees of Fahrenheit. (On the plus side though it is easier to spell Celsius than it is Fahrenheit.)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Dont pay much attention to the metric system unless I need to for a project. PC temps, thats something most users like myself are use to but otherwise its not something I care about. Much prefer Farenheit for temps.
Site Moderator