Q4OS 5.3 KDE Plasma testing

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Q4OS 5.3 KDE Plasma testing

Post by crosscourt »

I reinstalled Q4 Plasma on my test rig and was pleasantly surprised. By far I think this is the best way to get Debian 12 without having to use Debian's installer. The added features Q4 offers with its software features and the ability to one click many apps and codecs to install is nice. Youre given the option at install, to go with a minimalistic install, a middle of the road install, or a full desktop install, that includes most of what you need to get up and running right away. Discover the package installer worked fine but youll need to install added support for Snap and Flatpak, If you want and its available thru Discover. Synaptic package manager can be installed if you prefer.
Included apps were excellent and hardware support was fine as my printer and wifi were both detected with no issues. Its a very quick distro and feels faster than many of my other KDE distros. I installed codecs and did multimedia testing and had no issues. The odd thing is most of the themes as well as the title in infocenter are Debian 12 based rather than Q4OS. Wallpapers are mostly Debian so its odd they wouldnt promote themselves a bit given the many included Q4OS features.
I ran this distro on my test rig, a Dell e6440 laptop with a 2.6ghz i5 4th gen cpu, 16gb ram, 128gb sata ssd and Intel integrated graphics. Very stable, highly customizable, easy GUI to learn and good on resources, which would make it a great distro if youre looking to move away from Windows or from another more problematic distro.
Ill be back with more as I use it more and offer more specifics.

Look here, https://q4os.org
Site Moderator