RSS BBC and local prison

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

RSS BBC and local prison

Post by wove »

I subscribe to the BBC RSS feed. It is a good solid world news source, my only complaint is they cover way way too much soccer. I guess the feed is thanks to British taxpayer, thanks. As I scrolled through the headlines today I notice the Minnesota State Prison in Stillwater is having a riot. That is Minnesota's maximum security facility. It is a rat hole of a facility, and I gather the inmates are protesting lack of air conditioning and lack of fresh water.

I follow local new sources that have RSS feeds and I follow Google News and Apple News and none of those sources had any mention of the brouhaha at the local prison. Hard to believe I have to rely on a news source on a different continent (well across and ocean anyway) to get local news.
crosscourt

Re: RSS BBC and local prison

Post by crosscourt »

Thats curious but I have to say watching BBC news they cover many stories here in the states that other news sources dont.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: RSS BBC and local prison

Post by wove »

I think it was the BBC that made a nuclear holocaust movie in the 1960s. It was very good. There was a nuclear war, lots of destruction of course. In the end the army took charge and rounded up all the survivors that could be found, and moved them off to the country side and made them farm. It was aired on American TV and I watched it at a friend's house. It made an impression.

I have thought about it many times over the years and I put some effort in trying to find it. But I do not recall the name of it, nor the specific year it was released and I have never been able to find it. Anybody know what I am talking about? Any clues where it might be found?