Strangely chilly July very odd.

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Strangely chilly July very odd.

Post by wove »

While it seems that the Southern US and Southern Europe are suffering badly under an intense heat wave, here in North Central US it is rather chilly. That is relative of course, the temperatures here are very nice considering we are in the hottest part of the year.

For the last few weeks temperatures have been 55F in the morning getting up to 75F mid-afternoon(13C-24C). The forecast says those temperatures should hold for at least another week. We have not had to mess with air conditioning. It has been cool enough to enjoy a camp fire in the evening, and the chilly days keep the mosquitoes in hiding. And it has been wonderful weather for working out in the yard and doing the inevitable house repair chores. Oddly there has been no thunderstorms or tornados this summer either.

I do feel sorry for those dealing with the extreme heat. I know as I get older extreme heat (cold too) are much harder to cope with. It is a bummer that odd nasty weather patterns are becoming the norm and I am thankful for now the current spell seems to be working in our favor.
crosscourt

Re: Strangely chilly July very odd.

Post by crosscourt »

Youre above the jet stream right now so you are getting cooler than normal temps. Im right on the jet stream presently and we are getting average July temps, typically 80s to 90 and dew points in the mod to high 60s with some breeze. Pattern wont change much here for quite some time but California will get some relief by the end of the week, with Texas the bulls eye next.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Strangely chilly July very odd.

Post by crosscourt »

Temps here are pretty much average, mostly in the 80s with some humidty but the wild fires in Canada have really killed the air quality. Ive been having breathing issues for awhile due to the smoke.
Site Moderator