Thunderbid 115 Supernova is here!

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: Thunderbid 115 Supernova is here!

Post by crosscourt »

Installed 115 on my new Asus gaming pc and its very nice. I prefer it over the older version and so far have had no issues whatsover.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Had an interesting glitch as the ad promoting funding for Thunderbird caused my system not to connect to the internet. Closed that ad and mail app was back running fine.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Except for the above issue which seems to be fine now, Im impressed with 115 and I like the improved look of the GUI.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many issues with 155.3 as it doesnt connect and long waits to get and send messages. I ended up uninstalling it, reinstalled 112.5.1 and everything was fine. I then updated from that version to 115.3 and had no issues at all. If you have issues try this and it may work.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Looks like that fixed it as Ive had no issues today at all. I initially installed 115 as a new install, no older version present because thats all they offered. You can update now with no issues from 112.5.1
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I had to do a new install and added 115.4 and it looks different versus the older version being upgraded to 115.4. Side panel that shows the contents of the emails and the email log look quite different, really hate it so far.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

There are various css hacks that are supposed to bring back the old toolbars etc in 115 - but they do not seem to work on the Debian versions.
Why the duck couldn't they update the code base and just leave the interface alone I'll never know.

So, although it has taken a bit of effort I've migrated over to Evolution. I have fiddled with it in the past and then gone back to tbird. OK, It isn't perfect but it is much better in ways that are important to me.
chris

Post by chris »

Perhaps you already know this, but:

Do you have toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets option set to *true* in *Config editor*?

Do you have these namespace defs at the top of userChrome.css

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul");
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");

This newsgroup: alt.comp.software.thunderbird has a lot of moaning about Thunderbird, but also has a lot of (seemingly) knowlegeable posters in it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I initially couldnt get it to work but it finally did. Go upper right corner click on the three line box and go to view, then layout and click classic view. Its working now and the side panel is gone and messages are shown in the lower half.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The side panel does allow you to have way more emails visible and for business use I can see why they did the new view.
Site Moderator