COMBAT CHRONICLE

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: COMBAT CHRONICLE

Post by CaptNoize »

With that generation, "Some Gave All, and All Gave Some" totally applies. I think their moral compass was so much greater, than today. Keep in mind, like you said, the 76th was a civilian army. Most were drafted, some... volunteered. I once heard some smart asses say, "Volunteer...? How stupid was that"..? It wasn't stupid, it was courageous. I was raised in strict Lutheran family. My parents took me to church, every Sunday. I doubt if these kids now, have even seen the inside of a church. I also found the little Bible that was issued to my father. It's only the New Testament. I think that was the way the Army could tell, if you were killed in battle, whether you were a Christian, or Jew.
Going thru his medals,pictures and writings, have been eye opening.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I went through a lot of stuff when my dad died. We didnt have a good relationship at all but I still respect him for serving in the Navy in the North Atalntic on an aircraft carrier. He slept underneath the catapault used to fire the planes off the deck. You had to sleep with less blankets as sweat would freeze on your skin. He was a 5 inch gunner which is the smaller turreted guns on the ship used for both air and ship defense.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Wow, that was awesome..! Too bad that you didn't have a good relationship with him. My dad and I, got along way better than I did with my mom. Did he have a run in with the Bismarck..? The Battles in the North Atlantic were brutal..! I really wish my dad was still here, there's so much I want to ask him... Well, maybe on the " Other Side " :( :cry:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No run in with the Bismarck as the British were far more involved with that situation. I lived away from home for a time with a friend because my dad and I just didnt get along. I was really close to my mom and wish she was still alive. Its funny though that after I got marriede my dad actually treated me a bit better form a time but that didnt last long.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I found a picture with General Isenhower shaking hands with my Uncle,(my dad's older brother,) somewhere in Central Europe..! Nothing is labeled or marked, so I don't know where, or when, but obviously 1945. The only thing written is on it is " Job Well Done"..! Also found a small pic, which I'm going to have blown up, with my Dad,and my other Uncle, standing on top of a wrecked German tank. I'm going to have the pic mounted on a plaque, the says
" Two From the Generation that Saved the World" 1945.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

You know, my Father, and my Uncles are spinning in their graves, with what is going on in this county. I'm an independent voter, but, I 've voted Democratic in recent years. I absolutely DETEST donald Chump,and his maggot idiots. Anyone who is a working class, blue collar worker,or union member, or working class poor, would NEVER vote for that orange faced criminal. This is why I don't go out to bars,and clubs, since I live in Chump country, I would be in mortal combat,all the time. Even tho I'm 63, I don't back down from anyone. So, I just avoid the confrontations. But, I've been thinking about what the Veterans of this country, got us, and paid the high cost for it. Memorial Day is coming soon, and I want all who read this, remember the high cost of our Freedom,and Liberty. Don't forget, to Thank a Vet....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im going to vote for Biden as I dont have a lot of issues with him and Trump would destroy this country as we know it. Im also an independent but have been voting Democratic quite a bit since Trump showed up.
Site Moderator
chris

Post by chris »

I think it was Lazarus Long, in Robert Heinlein's 'Time Enough For Love', who said "Always vote. There might not be anyone you want to vote for, but there is always someone you want to vote against."
I think, in this case, it's the orange-faced one.
You both have my thanks - even though I'm in the UK.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, CC and Chris
I totally agree with both of you. I feel that Chump is a liar, con artist( the "goat" ) and a traitor. Chris, I'm embarrassed that the rest of the world, has to see this display of Uber narcissism,and the likes of Marjorie Toilet Green,and Laren " bozo" Bobart, are really a disgusting display of MAGA,,i.e. " maggots ". When you see them argue their points on YouTube, it's simply amazing there's that many idiots in the world. I hope that chump is convicted with this current trial. And, if he's giving immunity by the Supreme Court, I predict an uprising in this county. :evil: :x :x 💩💩 is getting ready to hit the fan..!!!
You can't believe how many chump flags i see. I was at the gas station the other day, and this maggot pulled in with his pickup truck, flying those big ILLEGAL flags, out the back of his bed. I immediately informed him that flying those out the back like that was dangerous,and illegal, and he told me to go f**k myself. I flashed my badge, and told him to remove them, or go to jail. I also opened my jacket,conveniently, to show him my police revolver. His smart ass attitude changed real quick. Flags came down, and went in the back of the truck. :twisted: :x :x :x
wove

Post by wove »

Trump is an embarrassment. If we can get past this my guess is history will not treat him kindly. But getting past him is proving to be a real problem. Generally you deal with petulant children by ignoring them until they grow out of it. We have had no luck with that, his foolish antics seem to have sucked all the air out of the room. Whether people love him or hate him makes no difference all anyone does is talk about him.