Dell Dimension 5676 pc

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Dell Dimension 5676 pc

Post by crosscourt »

I went back onto my 5676 after giving my wife my XPS 8940. Added 32gb of ram, put the Radeon RX 6600 back in and for now Im using a 1gb TeamGroup nvme ssd. Ive got a 2tb Crucial P3 nvme ssd coming that I got for $76. I was having a lot of difficulty trying to copy my other drive over to the newer drive. I have no idea what the issue is but its happened multiple times. Its silly to have to reinstall but sometimes you just get into the silliest situations This system uses a Ryzen 5 2600 which is still a good processor, considering I game in the 900p-1080p range on med or high settings. Win11 has gotten a bit better and Ive had few issues but the way Windows updates drives me crazy. This will be the first time my wife and I will both be on newer systems with nvme drives. Shes still using a 2tb mechanical drive which drimes crazy when Im using her system. Once youve gone to ssds you wont go back, unless you just need a lot of cheap bulk drive space.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Dell Dimension 5676 pc

Post by crosscourt »

Finished the reinstall last night onto a nvme ssd and waiting for the 2tb nvme ssd to come. Curious to see if it clones ok as Im not really sure f this is a software, drive, cable or system issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Dell Dimension 5676 pc

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry to say this system bit the dust and had a motherboard issue that couldnt be fixed.
Site Moderator