The old X230 has a touch screen

Discussion of hardware related issues
wove

The old X230 has a touch screen

Post by wove »

My old X230 tablet has been sitting by itself all lonesome since I picked up the T580. I had pulled the SSD out but it still had the m.2 drive drive with Win10 installed. When I fired it up it booted into Windows, and there were a lot of updates. In any event as I was messing around with it, I touched the bottom corner of the screen and the start menu popped up. I did not recall it had a touch screen, if I ever knew it did. So I can use it as a tablet, that is pretty cool.

After scrounging about I did find the drive with Endless on it, but it was just a 120GB drive. I have an empty 500GB SSD, so I am downloading a fresh copy of Endless OS 5.02 (the full blown 16GB image) and I am going to do a fresh install of Endless and see how that works as a Tablet OS. I have been using Blender on the AIO, which has a touch screen and it works well. A touch screen and stylus combo might be pretty sweet. The AIO is very resource rich compared to the X230, but for drawing stuff I find it very nice to work off my lap while seated in my old comfortable wing back chair with my feet up.
crosscourt

Re: The old X230 has a touch screen

Post by crosscourt »

Thats happened to me as Ive gone back to use older hardware and found features, and hardware support I didnt remember it had.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I installed the latest Endless OS this morning. It runs very well on the X230. It is a tablet, and I have used it a lot with the stylus. I write notes with Xournal and doodle in Tux Paint, but I have not used it as a touch screen tablet before. I played a couple rounds of AisleRiot before lunch, and it was nice to just poke with my finger.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My Chrome book is that to me as its my sit in the chair or bed and watch whatever I like.
Site Moderator