WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by CaptNoize »

I watched the trailer for it on Amazon Fire Tv. It's part of the " Cheesy Movie Network " along with The Earth Dies Screaming and Man from Planet X, Phantom From Space and First Spaceship On Venus. All, highly unpalatable for me. I can usually tell by watching the trailers if a movie sucks or not. However, I 've been wrong a few times.
I rewatched Crack In The World, with Dana Andrews. I actually think he got more notoriety from the movie " Hot Rods To Hell", than anything else. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Trailers dont always show the quality of a film as in the case of the the Man from Planet X which is a good movie. People just need to remember that these movies came from a different time and effects, perspectives and plot are handled very differently. Budgets are much smaller and they have to find ways to get things done without breaking the bank.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sorry, I found it boring when I was 6 years old, so, I wouldn't like it now. A movie that scared me tho, then, was The Monster That Challenged the World(1958) Another great movie from 1965, was Mario Bava's Terror in Space,a.k.a. Demon Planet. Stylish, Dark, and a movie that influenced Alien, is well worth checking out. With Barry Sullivan, and Italian hottie, Evi Marandi. Wow.. :twisted: !
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Kronos 1957 is another movie I liked that had a unique feel to it.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That was on Chiller Theater as a double feature, with the Monolith Monsters also a 1957 movie.I liked both of them alot. They fit in the 50's sci fi realm like The Flame Barrier in 1958.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Monolith Monsters is a good movie but not sure Ive ever seen The Flame Barrier.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's a slow moving movie, in the jungle, looking for a downed radioactive satellite. Ending is somewhat interesting. Another movie I saw when I was a kid, was 1957's Attack Of The Crab Monsters. I thought the plot was great, but the special effects were junk. It was scary then, but boring now. Rodger Corman is a master of low budget special effects. I really enjoyed alot of his movies, and those of William Castle. Corman did make some high budget movies, with Karloff, Lorre and Jack Nicholson.
One from 1957 that wasn't done by Corman was The Giant Claw...ugh :roll: What terrible special effects... :evil:
I've seen some movies that had good plots and story lines, however, the special effects,or acting, killed the movie. Plan 9 From Outer Space is one. They tried to remake it a few years back,but it sucked too. :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Giant Claw was just funny to watch and I never tire of laughing my face off watching these types of b/x flicks.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The one that kills me is " Attack of the Killer Shrews"... :shock: :lol: :roll: Dogs in costumes.??? And the plot is even stupid..! :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Theres Attack of the Killer Tomatoes with George Clooney which was bad but really funny. I did remember The Flame Barrier and the blob in the cave they ended up killing but overall I didnt think it was good movie.
Site Moderator