WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by CaptNoize »

Yeah, it was too slow moving. Another cult clunker was Killer Clowns From Outer Space. Some people think that's a good movie, I just think it's dumb. I was never really scared by clowns, but some people get really bent over them.
On the other hand, I really enjoyed Stephen Kings " The Mist" . Some of Kings work is really good, some of the movie adaptations are really bad. The same goes for H.P. Lovecraft's work. I really liked Die,Monster,Die, but the newest version of it, The Colour Of Space,with Nick Cage,was just boring. I didn't even get thru the whole movie, I was so disinterested.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Watched the colorized version of Kronos last night and it was very good as it adds a lot to the feel and effects of the movie.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I might have to check that out over the weekend. It's supposed to rain here alot on Saturday.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Another great film is The Crawling Eye with invisible creatures living on a mountain and trying to take things over.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I've seen it many times. I think it's been shown as much as the Creature with the Atom Brain around here.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Watched Tobor the Great last night, a good movie.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Awesome movie...! Did you ever see GOG...? How about Target Earth..? I still think James Cameron got his Terminator idea from the old movie, Frankenstein meets the Space Monster. Yeah, it was cheesy, but I still liked the story. Speaking of cheesy,has anyone seen the 1968 low budget movie Mission Mars, with Darren McGavin, and Nick Adams..? I loved it as a kid, I thought the story was cool, and some of the special effects were good, it was just cheap looking..... :roll: :lol:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive seen both Target Earth and GOG as well as Mission Mars all good. Im sad I cant watch GOG now as its not offered free on any sites.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I watched Nope last night. I wasn't impressed. It was rated 6.8 stars out of 10. I would have given it a 3 or 2. It was a waste of 2 hours..! Jordan Peel doesn't impress me as a director, or writer. Nope is listed as a Sci-fi Horror movie. Should you watch this movie.... Nope. :roll:
I then watched a movie I saved a few months called 13 Eerie, with Michael Shanks from Star Gate. This was from 2013. I really enjoyed it way more than " Nope"👎😤
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

After reading some reviews and seeing some clips all I can say to Nope is nope.
Site Moderator