WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by CaptNoize »

The movies I really enjoyed are the Jurrasic World movies. The dinosaurs are excellent, the plots are well thought,and the actors are dead on.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

After the first Jurassic Park movie I went luke warm and didnt really enjoy them that much. Im one of those silly people whod rather watch Godzilla against black hole ray guns. The early 2000s Godzilla movies were pretty good.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

There's Absolutely nothing wrong with watching ANY ToHo monster smash a city..! I always wondered tho, after the first time that happened,how would they get property insurance..??? :lol: :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Dont laugh but I use to keep track of the frequency of the Toho movies and how often Tokyo in particular was being destroyed, You can only build cities back so fast, LOL
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Godzilla should get royalties from insurance companies. Just think of the billions and billions of dollars in damage he's done..!!😁 LoL One of my FAVORITE ToHo movies is "War of the Gargantuas" with Russ Tamblyn. And where has Gamera The Invincible been..?
This is different, since it's animation, but I grew up watching "8th Man".. Have you ever seen it..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

8 man was a staple growing up and I always hoped for a remake of the series.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The ones I remember were black and white. I watched it along with Speed Racer, Fireball X0-5, Thunderbirds Are Go, and Ultra Man.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ill add Supercar and Stingray to that list.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Watched the colorized version of Rocketship XM last night and its been awhile since Ive seen it. What a tragic plot with them missing the moon, getting to Mars, realizing there was a civilization. The remnants of the Martians were living in a stone age comunity after some kind of nuclear holocaust devastated the planet long ago. Two of the five member are killed by the Martians and the others get back to Earth only to find they dont have any fuel and crash. Thankfully they get a message to Earth to tell them what they have found. The traveling to Mars is a bit ludicrous but they encounter some strange acceleration effect which is used to explain them getting there so quickly. Typically in B movies you dnt kill off the leading man and the babe in the plot but thats exactly what they did. Good movie though and well worth watching.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I sometimes get that movie confused with " Space Probe Taurus" aka "Space Monster" 1965. It's a black and white movie, with cheapie special effects. The first alien the astronauts encounter in a space station is really stupid, a guy wearing a dumb mask, sticking his tongue out :roll: Then they land on a planet, in an ocean, inhabited by giant crabs, that attack the ship. :roll: :roll: Bargain basement junk.... :roll: :roll: :roll: