WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt remember those at all but Lost in Space was so bad and quite easy to forget. I did like the remake movie of Lost in Space which was well done overall. The Invisible Boy is more memorable movie that starred Robbie the Robot.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The first season of Lost in Space was quite good. But, when Irwin Allen started letting Jonathan Harris develop his character,and run the show, that's when it all went to hell.
Does anyone remember a short lived Sci-fi series in 1985 called Otherworld..? It was pretty interesting. It had some pretty good special effects. Sam Groom was in it,and Gretchen Corbett.
CC, you mentioned the Mysterians. I really liked it, as well as Atragon. Great Japanese sci-fi. I remember going to the Drive In and seeing a Chinese movie called Infra Man. It was a ripoff of Ultra Man,however, the martial arts was way better, than Ultra Man. :roll: :shock:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Lost in Space had me for 3 episodes and then I was gone. I ended up watching some of it in reruns but it never became a favorite. Scifi channel early on had War of the Worlds the tv series and it was pretty good and some also, liked The Invaders which I was luke warm about. Buck Rogers in the 25th century was a favorite of mine in the first season but it really got bad over time.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I watched "Rampage" with Dwayne Johnson last night. I thought it was Great..! It also had Jeffery Dean Morgan,and Joe Mangenella in it also. The CGI monsters looked excellent, esp. the alligator that looked like Anguirus from the ToHo movies. Chicago gets utterly destroyed in this movie. It's free to watch on TUBI. I'm surprised how many good movies there are on TUBI.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rampage is a good movie and I like the relationship between the ape and Johnson.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

A movie I forgot to mention is Skyline. I thought the special effects were really good,as well as the plot. Even the sequels were very good. I was really surprised. A movie I also really enjoyed was Event Horizon. Had a good explanation of warp drive, midway thru the movie.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Skyline is a good movie but Event Horizon is one of my least favorite movies. Its very dark and more like a pure horror film and I prefer my space films more on the scifi tech side.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, did you like Red Planet with Val Kilmer...? How about The Martian, with Matt Damon..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Red Planet was very good but The Martian was an excellent film. I typically like the more futuristic scifi stuff but The Martian kept me glued to the screen all the way through.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I haven't seen "Interstellar" yet. Is it any good...?