WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes, you're correct, CC. I wouldn't recommend buying any streaming service. I get mine thru my girlfriend.I hate all those ripoffs.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Finally saw the recent remake of Dune part 1. It was horrible and anyone who hasnt read the books or seen the first movie will be completely lost, They dont flesh out the plot enough and move too quickly over the initial parts of the movie. Cinematics are terrible and the choice of cast was really bad compared to the first movie. The first Dune was more epic and did a good job of explaining and moving the plot. The remake was simply messy, sloppy and poorly directed and my hope is they clean it up for the finale.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That's what I have been seeing with most remakes. I haven't seen any good remakes,in years. The remakes of War of the Worlds,and The Day the Earth Stood Still, were lousy in my book. I can't stand Tom Cruise, or Keanu Reeves, so, they lost just from that account. I've seen a few remakes of War of the Worlds,and they all suck. Nothing compares to the 1953 George Pal version. George Pal was a genius as far as a director. I loved the " flying manta" Martian war machines..!😁
The only remake that I thought was just as good,if not better, than the original, was The Thing. Altho, I love both of them..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Like the original Thing much better than the remake that had a completely different feel to it.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I agree. But, to be quite honest, the John Carpenter version was a perfect adaptation of the novella written by John W. Campbell (a.k.a Don Stuart). Don't get me wrong, the original version scared the living hell out of me when I was a kid, but the remake, took it to a whole, other level. I recently watched the prequel, from 2017, and really didn't like it.
One of my hopes was that John Carpenter would make a sequel to his version. Just to see how far the Thing spread. I loved his movie "They Live" . The fight scene with Rowdy Roddy Piper,and Keith David, was unbelievable..! Has anyone ever seen the movie
"Destination Inner Space"...?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Havent read the novella so couldnt comment. The difference in the plot between the two I prefer the plant based alien over the other plot.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I watched the new Dune part 1 again just to see if I might change my mind and and answer is no. Ive never understood the haters of the First Dune movie from 1984 but I do realize it wasnt a good representation of the books but I still thought it was a good movie.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No matter how many times I watch the Fifth Element, I still love it. Saw it again last night, the directors cut version.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That's how I feel about the Road Warrior. I also like the original War of the Worlds.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Forbidden Planet is my all time favorite along with The day the earth stood still.
Site Moderator