VET BILL

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

VET BILL

Post by CaptNoize »

So,
I have a 14 year old cat. He's a house cat, never goes out. I took him to the vet, to have his check up. He had to have a rabies shot, even tho he doesn't go out, and they wanted to clean his teeth. He got his rabies shot, and they gave me an estimate on cleaning his teeth. The rabies shot is mandatory, ( which doesn't make sense to me, he doesn't go out EVER,and is not exposed to any other animals) yet, they argued the point. Which pissed me off๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ .
Then, these assclowns gave me an estimate to clean his teeth. The said it would be between $850-$1400.00!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I said that's more than the dentist wants to do a crown on one of my molars..!!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜• I said you must all, be smoking Crack, and don't do a drug, named after a part of your ass..!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ค Idiots..!! I won't be going back there, or EVER recommend them. This is what kills me. They want people to adopt animals from the shelters,yet, shelters around here, charge at least $100, put you thru a background check, then veterinary bills will kill you. What a SCAM..!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜  I quit going to my last vet, cause that Pigface, yeah...Pigface,... started yelling at me, cause I questioned her "why" should I get my cat a rabies shot,since he's always inside. The Last thing any business owner should do is yell at a customer..!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ค
crosscourt

Re: VET BILL

Post by crosscourt »

Yeah the vet bills are high at times but they alkso dont go into the vets all the time either.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

A quick Google search reveals any number of low cost vet options in Pa. Always worth a few calls. Healthy teeth = Healthy animal - that's what Dr Jeff always says!!!
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm giving him "Greenies" cat dental treats, and tartar control for cats, it's an additive I put in his food. Not much more than that,other than try to hold him down and brush his teeth..! :lol: Good Luck with that one..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The problem is the cats develop really deep tarter just like people do and tarter is a construct for bacteria leaving in its mouth. Given the age maybe it will be ok but it can quickly affect the health of a cat just as it does in humans. You might be able to find some local vets that give a break to seniors and discount services.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'd have better luck finding a Ymir's egg. Have you ever seen a Ymir..? Think " 20 Million Miles to Earth" movie. I would find a Venusian creature easier than I would get a discount from these cheapskates around here :roll: :evil: :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

In my area some of the shelters use local Vets who do offer discounts for services for some people.
Site Moderator