Star Trek Picard

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Star Trek Picard

Post by CaptNoize »

I binged watched STP over the last week. Season 1&2 .....boring. So far, Season 3....? I thought it was going to be better. I have enjoyed S.T. Strange New Worlds, better.
crosscourt

Re: Star Trek Picard

Post by crosscourt »

Was never drawn to Picard but figured eventually theyll show it over the normal airways. I binged watched UFO last week.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Oh..it's not on broadcast TV yet. I got Paramount+ for a trial period. Strange New Worlds is alot better. I have UFO and Space:1999 (complete sets) on DVD. Along with Lost in Space,Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel and The Outer Limits.(original version) I watched the 90's version of the Outer Limits, but couldn't stand the cheap CGI .
Stories were good, don't get me wrong, but there should have been way better CGI. Hell a rubber monster would have been better...! :roll:
bin

Post by bin »

I must admit I have been a bit puzzled by this series. OK we get the chance to meet a few old faces, but even TNG was a long time ago.......

Perhaps it is time for him to save the universe one last time and then retire.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I really don't blame the actors. I don't know why that spineless jellyfish Alex Kurtzman STILL has a job working for Paramount..! His whole approach to a iconic series is Horrible..! I blame the lame episodes on him, and the writers. Alot of the problem is they didn't listen to the fans,until the franchise was in trouble. Look at the mess STD is...alot of the fandom say it's like having an std..!!😁😕
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Just finished binge watching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Out of the ten episodes, only one, did I not watch the whole way thru. They finally introduced Capt. Kirk. The second season should be better.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

ll get to see it eventually, but did some binge watching of Firefly.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

has anyone watched The Expanse..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I watched it when it was on the SyFy channel and it wasnt very good but better than some of their other similar shows.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

CaptNoize wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:21 pm has anyone watched The Expanse..?
Yes - twice.
It's a big series and overall I think it was done well. Political and military machinations in space. Given the multiple story lines, some bits are a bit dull in places - but that's inevitable. The effects are very good too- I'd recommend it.