Cleaned out a lot of hardware

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Cleaned out a lot of hardware

Post by crosscourt »

My Lenovo mini pcs didnt work out so they got donated. The Hp mini pcs had major bios issues and were unusable so they got recycled. Donated a huge number of older laptops so Im now down to just 4 laptops. Im still using my Ryzen systems and a Dell Optiplex 7010 MT as a Win7 gaming rig.

My wife and both are using Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF for daily use but I found two USFF versions of the same pc at the trash bins in mint condition so they went home with me. Love the Optiplex systems both for design, reliability and performance.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Cleaned out a lot of hardware

Post by crosscourt »

Did some work on the USFFs as they needed bios batteries, bios updates and checked the thermal paste. Amazing clean inside and in excellent physical condition. The sliding case panel though needed some adjusting as it didnt want to close properly.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's amazing how things accumulate over the years. I'm in the "clean up" mode here, at my home with alot of audio equipment I'm not using. If anyone wants to buy top notch analog rack mount processors, let me know. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive gotten rid of a lot but still have two closets worth to go through of older hardware.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

If I die, I left everything to my church. But, knowing how some church members are(totally clueless) they'll probably back a dumpster rental up and throw tons of valuable memorabilia away. But at that point, so what..... NMPA.. Not My Problem Anymore :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

When I die I pity whoever has to deal with all the tech stuff Ive got from over the years. The valuable stuff Ive already sold to gain cash.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just got offered two Dell Optiplex 7010 DT systems in mint condition. Will do bios update and add ram/ssd but are very clean systems. i5 3450 3.1ghz, 16gb ram and 240gb ssd.
Site Moderator