Nobarro Linux

Discussion on Linux distributions
wove

Nobarro Linux

Post by wove »

Nobarro Linux is a hobby built Linux based on Fedora. <https://nobaraproject.org>

It comes in three flavors Official, Gnome, and KDE. All feature the same software packages. The Gnome and KDE are well Gnome and KDE. The official is Gnome with some added extensions to sort of create a Linux Mint type interface. It is aimed at gamers and creatives. It includes packages to meet the requirements needed for things like steam, lutris, DaVinci Resolve, Blender, OBS. It also includes codecs and nVidia drivers that are not part of the stock Fedora install.

From the reviews I have read it is very well put together. It is primarily made using the Fedora repositories. It is a stable solid distro focused on gaming and creative work. The Official version is a 3.5GB download. The first I heard of it was a gamer touting all its virtues at setting up Linux automatically for gaming. A week later I came across a video producer touting its virtues at setting up a video editing workstation, which was quickly followed by a fellow enamored with how well it worked with Blender.

Downside is it is a one man hobby distro so it will only remain up to date for as long as the one man keeps working on it.