WALLPAPER WON'T CHANGE

Discussion of software apps
CaptNoize

WALLPAPER WON'T CHANGE

Post by CaptNoize »

So I installed this new MX Linux and tried to change the "wallpapers" on the desktop. I did the exact same thing as i did before on MX 19,and it changed. However I tried on this version. Went to desktop settings > wallpaper display comes up> select the new folder with the new wallpapers> click on open. It comes up,with all the new wallpapers showing. Click close. Still the same wall papers....? What am I doing wrong.....???? :x :x :evil: :roll:
UPDATE:
Tried it on my home computer,doesn't work there, either. Move my wallpaper folder to downloads; doesn't even show up,when I click on the dessktop settings drop down.
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Re: WALLPAPAER WON'T CHANGE

Post by crosscourt »

Just tried it in MX21 and had no issues. I typically download wallpapers and leave them in the downloads. I then browse over to downloads and pick what I want. Mind you Im using KDE so I cant speak to XFCE as I havent used the MX version in quite some time. If all else fails you could redownload the wallpapers you want and go from there.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'll give that a try, but I think it will still won't work. It might be something with XFCE. I 'll let you know.
bin

Post by bin »

CaptNoize wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:28 pm So I installed this new MX Linux and tried to change the "wallpapers" on the desktop. I did the exact same thing as i did before on MX 19,and it changed. However I tried on this version. Went to desktop settings > wallpaper display comes up> select the new folder with the new wallpapers> click on open. It comes up,with all the new wallpapers showing. Click close. Still the same wall papers....? What am I doing wrong.....???? :x :x :evil: :roll:
Did you actually select a file from the folder containing your wallpapers? If you are using the Change Every x minutes feature it will use that on the preferred folder once the timer has elapsed.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes,
That's the way I had it set up before. I select the folder(other) instead of the " backgrounds" folder, open my wallpaper folder, select the change in so many minutes, and have the apply to all workspaces box checked. It won't change to to new folded( on the screen) it should right there. But it keeps reverting to the background folder... :roll: This isn't that hard, but with mine, there's definitely a glitch.... :x
chris

Re: WALLPAPER WON'T CHANGE

Post by chris »

Is this XFCE4?
Right-click desktop -> Desktop Settings. Select the folder containing the wallpapers you want and *then click one of the image files* - without doing this wallpapers change won't stick.
HIH
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I've done that also....still not working. When i try to set the folder to my wallpapers,it just reverts back to the backgrounds folder. Won't switch.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I just tried it on Peppermint which uses XFCE and it also didnt work Capt. I dont have an install of MX XFCE to try but I can confirm that it didnt work with Peppermint which is Debian based as well.
Site Moderator
chris

Post by chris »

I've got MX 21.2.1 Wildflower in VirtualBox. Successfully changed wallpapers as detailed above.
Also in Slackware 15 and Current XFCE4
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Retried with Peppermint and it did work with no issues. Also tried with Mint XFCE and it also worked.
Site Moderator