Retirement

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Retirement

Post by CaptNoize »

So,
I got a call this a.m. from a company that I had applied to, before this last trainwreck. I was trying to get into this company for awhile, but no luck. Then, out of the blue, this call wanting to interview me next Monday, at 10am. This place is within walking distance from me, they want to start me out at the same wage I just left the other job at, and it's something I would appreciate doing. I will learn more specifics during the interview. So,perhaps, I won't have to think about retirement for awhile.
Talk about timimg, I got hired on November 30th of last year, at the last plane crash. :roll: :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hope it works out for you given its so close. That was the only reason I took a job in my community as it was right outside my door. See what you can do to help your knees, maybe some lightweight braces and better shoes.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Taking 300 mg of Gabapentin seems to have helped alot today. I take 200 mg a day, but I upped it today, to see if I would get some relief of the pain. It worked..! If this new job works out, I'm golden.... :roll: :D
I got so many different pairs of new shoes, been trying to find something that works for standing on concrete, that you would think I'm a woman..!😁
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Why are you taking Gabapentin, its an anticonvulsant/seizure medication.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes
It is an anticonvulsant / seziure med. However,it has an analgesic side effect, that medical experts can't explain. This isn't a narcotic, and it's prescribed widely now. I've been on it since I tore my ab muscle, in 2017. It does have side effects, but not addictive. It's used to treat neuropathy,and pain from P.A.D.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Huh, I just thought it was a Shingles med...
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's,being used as a broad based pain relief med. You can become dependent on it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its not a general pain med, its used for some types of nerve pain but its an anti-convulsant.seizure med as one of my wifes family took it for a time. Has nothing to do with Shingles. Shingles is a virus and is treated with anti-viral meds like acyclovir and others from the cyclovir family of drugs.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

It's used quite heavily for Shingles. 4 of the 5 people I know who had shingles were given gabapenton.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gabapentin is used for the nerve pain but has nothing to do with anti-viral drugs like acyclovir that are used to arrest the Shingles. Medical community is mixed on Gabapentin and it doesnt work well for everyone in regards to nerve pain, plus as Capt mentioned you can become dependent on it.
In my family four cases of shingles and none of them used Gabapentin but Acyclovir eventually solved the issue. For those of you who have had Chicken Pox, get a Shingles vaccine to avoid this issue.
Site Moderator