Retirement

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Retirement

Post by crosscourt »

Having worked recently will work against you as typically most applicants are out of work at least a year. There is a 5 month waiting list and having a lawyer may or may not help the situation but Im sure youll look into that. My relatives didnt get as much cash as they expected and realized if they had waited their normal SS would have actually been more. Hope it works out for you.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I quit in August. January end will be 5 months. In the meantime, I will talk to a lawyer about which way to go. It's all free, unless they get me a settlement. I might as well see what I can get. Those stooges in the SSD aren't going to look out for me. This is adversarial from here on out. :x :x :x :x :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its the side fees with some lawyers that can get you even though the largest cost isnt incurred unless you win.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Called a law firm known for getting client's their disability cases won. After a brief interview, they took my case. It may take 3-6 months to have my hearing, but if I get denied, they represent me. They seem to think I can get it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats good to hear as your life will get a lot easier.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Either way, my work career is over. I'm done putting up with, and dealing with ignorant, impolite, narcissistic employers, who think we're still living in the 80's and 90's. They're BEGGING for workers here, but, as usual, they're not paying a decent wage. If they do, they make you pay for your healthcare. So, I'm hearing about the " Great Reset"... it sure isn't happening here,and, if it is, it's not benefiting any of the working class...! :x :x :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My former employer sure matched that description, :D
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Got my first SSD deposit this a.m. in my bank account. It feels good to not answer to some a**hole boss, or someone who thinks they're one.. :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

Welcome to the leisurely and enjoyable world of retirement world of retirement. I do not think overall a person ever gets to the point is life where there is not someone or something out there trying to jerk your chain. I did find that with more retirement time that is was much easier to ignore the nonsense and just get on with the things that amuse me. Hope you have lots and lots of fun.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Congrats on your first check!
Site Moderator