Q4OS devs called out

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Q4OS devs called out

Post by crosscourt »

Tell me what you think about this thread, www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4269 Make sure you read the entire thread.

Q4OS isnt the only distro with this issue.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Q4OS devs called out

Post by tlmiller »

I don't see an issue. It's open source, it only necessitates the source be open. Sure, it's not as easily accessible as some, but they have said how to access it before (yeah, maybe it should be stickied now that they have a whole thread about it...) Not that the people must throw themselves in the limelight. And the "user" user does indeed come across like a total as&%*le. If you can't accept open source without knowing WHO it was from, then you shouldn't be using any open source.
wove

Post by wove »

I appreciate finding Trinity via O4OS and I sent them the donation they asked for when I downloaded from them. I did wonder about the organization behind O4OS. I think a few people have asked over about the Q4OS team overtime. Q4OS team responds with a detailed post, that contains no meaningful information about the question asked. It would take far less time to just provide a URL to the source code than it does to write a long winded post that first wonders who you are and why you need to know then seconds explains how busy they are then finally says if you need to know all you have to do is ask. That just glosses over the fact that that asking about the code was the main and only thing asked in the original post.

VanillaOS was talked about just the other day. It takes a click to get to the site, which names the lead, provides contact info, lists the organization, and has a link to the source code for the new OS. Deepin Linux gets reviled a lot on line, but they also have organization info, leadership info and source code all readily available.

I do not think Q4OS is nefarious and I have assumed so problems stem from differences in native languages and differences that follow along with different cultures. I do not see asking questions as being aggressive and if someone does not want to answer all they need to do is say, "I am not going to answer that." It is not what I want to hear, but it is an answer I will except. A long winded ramble speculating on whether or not I am aggressive for asking, saying that answers available though and then in summation not answering the question at all, leaves me just thinking it would be best not to talk to them anymore.

I am very fond of Trinity desktop, but after looking at and using Q4 for a while, I decided they did not have anything unique to offer. And it does seem to me that Q4OS while building and relying on open source kind of misses the whole spirit of open source.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad you felt the same tlmiller as I also thought the guy was an as***le. Im no fan of the devs over at Q4OS as Ive had many issues with them over time but in this instance I find users stance hard to swallow. I was the one that contacted the devs about this thread asking them to handle it. Ive enjoyed using Q4OS KDE as its a better mainstram version of Debian with many nice add ons and features.
User didnt just ask about the code as he wanted detailed info on the devs and frankly was asking for more than many other distros would have allowed.
Make sure to read thru all the posts as his initial responses that I replied to made me realize that hes a troll with some kind of agenda that frankly I dont understand entirely.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! User with his final comments made me laugh so hard I almost hurt myself. If you havent read them you should because its some of the best idiotic stuff Ive seen in quite awhile.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The only comment I can make is, with so many awesome Linux distros out there, if you're not happy with one, move onto something else..! Why stress yourself over an OS..??? :roll: :roll: I'm CERTAINLY not a fan of Q4OS, I had alot of issues with it, when I thought it might be a replacement for me with Xp, when it went away, but it turned out to be total failure,for me. Find some people who know what works, like I did with all of you, get their advice, and try other distros. With Virtual Box, there's no reason to NOT find something that makes you happy. Linux MX suits everything I need,and it just works..!! I agree with all of you... This idiot is a troll.👹 Let him crawl back under a bridge, where he belongs. :x :evil: :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tlmiller and I replied back but he appears to be gone. Agree with you as MX Linux for me is a win as my everyday distro but I presently have 5 distros I use for different reasons. I like Q4OS KDE but still hate the TDE version.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I like q4os ok. I'm the opposite of CC, I love the Trinity version and absolutely abhor the fact that the KDE version even exists. But ultimately, I really don't have any systems that NEED to run lightweight such as Trinity, so I don't always keep it on my laptops. I do plan on putting it on the little pink Celery system when it arrives just to see how it's going. But will probably then convert it over to something else since I always end up growing tired of the few things Trinity does badly.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont entirely disagree with you tlmiller, as Q4OS KDE probably isnt needed but its become popular as an easy to install version of Debian with some nice user features. TDE isnt horrible but it has too many issues and honestly do we need a really lightweight distro like this? I use Peppermint only for my M600, thats it. Q4OS KDE is such a lighweight KDE version it runs fine on all my older hardware and I prefer its design and features.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've had hardware before (HP 14-an013nr, AMD E2-7110 w/ 4GB ram that I upgraded to 8GB) that had issues running a full plasma desktop due to the sheer level of suck of the CPU, but ran Trinity just fine. Despite how horribly weak that laptop was, I loved it. AMAZING LCD on that thing. And with something ultra-lightweight like Trinity, it was quick.