Windows 11 22H2 issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Windows 11 22H2 issues

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt go well for this major version update. Problems with Nvidia software causing severe drops in framerates in games, printing problems, bitlocker issues and many other smaller issues. They backed off the rollout to some systems and it looks like its going to be delayed for quite some time.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Windows 11 22H2 issues

Post by wove »

If and update caused that much trouble on a Linux distro, most would simply abandon the distro for something better. The big guys like Ubuntu, Mint, Debian would take a huge hit lighting up the web with nasty comments. I get all bent out of shape when a Fedora update looses my wifi perfs.I imagine for a small distro such a big mess up would be close to a death knell. Microsoft seems to get an "ah, oh well".

I have no idea why people mess with and stick with Windows most distos that get harped on in here do better than that,
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many havent had issues but the hardware ecosystem is pretty complex in Windows and in most cases not to defend Microsoft but the OEMs screw things up a lot. Printers in particular has become a big issue. I havent had any printer issues with Win11 so far but many werent that lucky.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I remember I had TONS of printer issues with Win10. My ex-wife's laptop took FOREVER to get to work with the new (at the time) multi-function printer. My laptop was literally click-click, working. Hers took forever, although it DID eventually get working.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Depends on the age and make of the printer but HP, Epson and Canon are the best choices overall for Windows 10/11. Just as in Linux its all about drivers and some companies just like to make a mess out of them and thats when problems ensue. Then Microsoft makes changes and things go wrong.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just installed 22H2 on both my Ryzen desktop systems with no issues. I initially ran it for a time on my older Ryzen system to see if there were any problems. Checked system performance overall including my nvme drivers and see no issues. Wont know about gaming performance till I do some testing. Given Im running Radeon cards I doubt there will be any issues. Nvidia users should be far more cautious.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Now they are having remote desktop issues while they continue to release the new version to more users.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

More large file issues from remote servers primarily, which was an issue early on with Windows 11. I havent had any issues with local large file transfers but its silly this is happening again.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Very odd as I was updating Win11 to 22H2 and two updates had installed beforehand. It was now downloading then started to install 22H2 and a blue screen popped up. Ive done quite a few installs of it but his was crazy. It happened on my Dell 5676 Ryzen desktop with the RX570 gpu. Ended up copying my other updated drive to that system instead and everything was fine. Still dont know what happened as there was nothing of consequence in the logs.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The cumulative update was released and tabs for File Explorer are now available along with some other changes. Its not a big update and caused no issues so far. Its available for all systems today.
Site Moderator