First frost

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

First frost

Post by wove »

Kinda right on schedule the first frost arrived last night. We did get the summer projects done. More garden clean up, and leaf raking left, but the getting stuff done outside is about over. The furnace kicked in this morning, reminding me that the rotation direction of the fans needs to be switched over.

All the house plants came in for the winter. My wife has a very green thumb. Some of the plants are over 20 years old and a quite large. At the moment the living room and dining room look very jungle like. It will take a bit to get them dispersed around around the house. The dog will no doubt have to be reminded that he can lift his leg on the plants in the house.

The changing of the seasons is always hard on my arthritis and walking about and using tools hurts. But that mostly passes after a few weeks and I can get back to doing stuff. Overall fall is pretty nice here in Minnesota. The nights are very cool and the days are a bit chilly but sunny. It is really a nice time of the year to be out and about.
tlmiller

Re: First frost

Post by tlmiller »

Damn, and it's still over 100 here.
crosscourt

Re: First frost

Post by crosscourt »

We wont see frost till well into October if that. Its 67 right now with blue skies and a light wind.
Site Moderator