Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Medical issues

Post by crosscourt »

The 14 years I spent here as a Maintenance Manager abpit killed me, between the long hours, physicality and stress from residents. weather and pandemic.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ended up not taking statins and my passing out ion the bathroom was caused by low blood pressure. Vert lucky I didnt hit my head on the bathtub. Cataract surgery is coming at the end of December.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sorry to hear that happened... You're lucky you didn't hit your head. I've come to the conclusion that my best friend that died back in July, died of a blood clot or brain hemorrhage, from a blow to the head he got from a falling box. His girlfriend took him to the hospital to get stitches, and they wanted to put him in concussion protocol, but, he refused.(He was bull headed, and wouldn't listen, to anyone) Head injuries, no matter how small, can cause serious problems. ALWAYS go to the hospital and get checked out..! Try taking tumeric, it totally reduce my LDL numbers to nothing..! I couldn't take statins, they made me sick. I found tumeric as an alternative.
I'm wrestling with problems with my good knee,now. I'm going to see my orthopedic surgeon on Dec. 14 which I don't expect to get good news. I struggle every day, just to try to keep things going here,at home. I've asked people for help, I've tried hiring people to help me, but, you CAN'T get people to WORK..!!😠😠 They come and see what I need done,tell me "No problem, I will be glad to help you" . ..then NEVER show up..! Nothing but lazy, bullshitters..! I give up.... I'll just do it myself, and do the best I can.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Apprently the med dosage was too high and my blood pressure dropped and I passed out but recovered. This happened back in September and Im ok since then. They changed the meds and its been good. Im also having some knee issues that appear to be ligament or tendon on the inside of my knees. The fall though aggravated my neck issues and my back and hip issues from my tennis days. Ill learn to live with it as its tolerable some days. They also think I have Fibromyalgia which explains a lot of my other symptoms. I must have had this while I was working which explains the many bad days.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cataract surgery was scheduled for this Thursday but I caught the flu over the weekend so thats going to get pushed back. This is the first time Ive been out of bed since Thursday night last week.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It appears it wasnt flu but Covid. Ive had it over 16 days and just got out of bed today. My wife also tested positive for Covid but her symptoms were much less intense.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Covid, boy that is a bummer. I have been fortunate thus far. Covid has been on the rise around here. Most of the store clerks are wearing masks, and I have been using them when I go out knowing I will run into people. Hopefully you are back to normal soon.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gotta tell you this is one persistent bug. Im in my fourth week and I still have a slight fever and a nasty cough with fatigue. Cant imagine what this would be like without the vaccine. Online many people report having covid for 4 weeks, some up to 12 weeks.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sorry to hear that you're still suffering from the effects of Covid. There's alot of people I know who are still suffering the lingering effects of Covid. I got the Moderna shot, then the booster. My right foot, on the right leg, which has the blood clot in it now, swelled up so big, I couldn't get my shoe tied..!! I worked on it, for a month,with edema in it, at the last suck a** place I ended my career at. Sometimes I wonder if this isn't all related..??? Trumpers all claim that it is.... But I think they're all delusional. :roll: :roll: :x
wove

Post by wove »

I went grocery shopping yesterday many people shoppers and clerks were wearing a masks. I asked the woman checking me out. She said the store was recommending masks for store personal, but masks were not required. She added that it was going around again, and she will be dealing with a couple hundred people close up on her shift. She added that she thought it was the prudent thing to do.

I am up to date on all my shots and boosters. I do hope that once again this messiness will pass me over. I will probably start using a mask when I go out again. Being sick in the winter is the worst. I hope everyone sick gets better and everyone not sick stays that way.