Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Medical issues

Post by crosscourt »

Id use a mask all the time with Covid, RSV and Flu on a severe rise. I had all my shots but I still caught it but without serious issues, I hope.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,
I ended up on Tuesday of this week, getting a shot under each knee cap a dose of Euflexa. It's hyaluronic acid, an actual component of joint structure. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant. With the blood clot still in the right leg, I wasn't sure that the doctor was going to inject me. However, he didn't think it would hurt,so, I got the first series. There are two more series to go. This did make me sick, so, Tuesday was a bust. I spent the rest of the day in my recliner... :roll: :( No one gets out of here alive....
wove

Post by wove »

My wife has lots of problems with her knees and has mobility problems from it. She gets a shot in her knees about once a year. I wonder if it is the same thing you are getting. She does not have blood clots though. There is something nice about getting older and stepping back from the daily grind, however the grind gets to be just bone grinding on bone. I guess all you can do is get use to it.

I hope you get some relief with the shots. They have always made my wife's knee work a bit better for a while anyway.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm just used to it by now... i try to keep going, but, some days, i can only do 4 hours in my shop, Somedays, i just get disgusted and say "to Hell with it" and go get off my feet. This is way it's going to be,for me, until I go into the Great Beyond.... :( :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

Well to some measure everyone puts up with "the way it's going to be. . . until the Great Beyond". I am dismayed that US health care seems really focused on postponing the Great Beyond as far as possible, while paying very little attention to the quality of "the way it's going to be"
chris

Post by chris »

To an extent, it's the same the world over. After all, only one person makes money from the dead, and then only once. If you can keep people alive for longer, they can/will develop more diseases requiring more interventions. Lots of people make money here - doctors, drug companies, hospitals - and long term, not just once. Formulating a complete cure for (e.g.) cancer* would only make money once. Formulating palliative medicines make money over the whole time from diagnosis to death. A bit bleak, but ...

Quality of life is another problem. It should be up to the patient to decide when life quality is so dire that death would be preferable. Since when did HMOs get to decide? (Note: not so much of a problem in the UK, though doctors seem to be difficult to overrule.)

An apocryphal tale says that in ancient China you paid the doctor when you were well and stopped paying when you were ill. It was then in the doctor's interest to get you well as soon as possible. Should the HMOs/hospitals be held to the same standards?

* other diseases are available
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

One of the truisms of getting older, you make the best of your situation and accept it while trying to enjoy life as much as you can.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Well the only "truism" that's applicable to my situation right now is, I'm worse off now, than a one legged man, in an ass kicking contest.. :roll: :lol:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! Hopefully that clot will resolve itself safely.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cant believe Im still having issues after 5 weeks. Ive only cataract surgery at the end of the month and so far I cant stop coughing and still have low grade fevers. Its nuts with so many people having issues like this.
Site Moderator