Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Medical issues

Post by CaptNoize »

I know several people who still have issues with Covid, and they are a year later..! :x :roll: I got my second set of shots in each knee last Tuesday, with the final round coming this Tuesday. I haven't noticed any improvement yet. :roll: I don't really have much hope in this working, I think I'm just being used as a test subject. All my friends that had this done, didn't experience any relief. At any rate I hope you start feeling better soon, CC. Spring is coming..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife had a urinary infection that got pretty bad and a bite from the cat that also became an infection. The antibiotics did a good job but she had a reaction to one of them. Im hoping nothing goes wrong,just as Im hoping you get some relief from the clots. Hasnt been a good stint since Christmas.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Had my final 2 shots today,each under the knee caps.. :( Did you hear a scream around 11 am this morning...? That was me.. :roll: The doctor looked at my leg with the blood clot; he said it didn't look good, and wanted me to go home, and stay off it the rest of the day. He said he wanted me to put hot compresses on it, 30 minutes, 3-4 times a day. My leg is not hurting that much, but, it doesn't look good. :evil: All I can do is hope it gets better. :|
If not, there's a sharp knife and a bone saw in the kitchen. It wouldn't be the first time I had to sever an appendage here in Land of the Dead... :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Wouldnt they do a Thrombectomy to remove the blood clots surgically? I wouldnt wait too long given your description.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This is considered a superficial blood clot, not a DVT. My orthopedic surgeon didn't say anything about a thrombectomy, since I think he recommended the hot compresses first. I sat yesterday with the heating pad on it, and alot of the swelling went down..! I will try to maintain that protocol for the next few days, then see what happens.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The leg seems to be getting better. However, went to the Dentist to get my teeth cleaned and checked. I have a broken filling on a back molar, that's been root canaled, about 10 years ago. X ray showed it had absessed. :x :roll: :x
I got to go my oral surgeon to have it yanked... :evil: :x :roll: I swear, I can't get a break. Perhaps there's a piece of Skylab out there still floating around, that will hit me next. :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive got a couple of broken teeth with one broken in half. Ill yank it as at my age Im not paying for tooth implants. I feel the same way as alot has gone wrong since I retired.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Legs " seems" to be getting better. I will stop taking my Xarelto 2 days before I get this molar pulled out, this coming Friday. I TOTALLY hate having this done..! If I could get my hands on the last dentist that did this, I 'd kill him..!! 💀💀 But I can't..he's already dead..! :D Maybe I'll go piss on his grave..! :x
wove

Post by wove »

Some humorist whose name escapes me once said. "I am sure I could never kill anyone, however there are many whose obituary I would take delight in."
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

In my case my dentist was a relative but he still drilled out cavities and used much larger amounts of filler thus, your teeth split eventually. Im with you Capt as I hate root canals and having teeth pulled.
Two weeks away from the cataract surgery. The only place I never wanted to have to have surgery was my eyes otherwise I can deal with it.
Site Moderator