Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Medical issues

Post by crosscourt »

Blood pressure issues came back so they added Amlodipine which I just started so waiting to see how it goes. Finally got a date for my cataract surgery, its December 28 and they are going to do both eyes at the same time.
Site Moderator
chris

Post by chris »

You're luck. I've had high blood pressure for years (30+) and am on:
Amlodipine
Atenolol
Atorvastin
Clopidogrel
Doxazosin
Lisinopril
I rattle sometimes :)
wove

Post by wove »

The blood pressure on my right arm is significantly higher than the blood pressure on my left arm. They did a MRI(?) and this is due to congenital abnormalities in my arteries, they branch off in all the wrong places. The Dr. has pushed for years to get me on some high blood pressure medication, but I have always said no. As long as half my body has good blood pressure I am just going to leave it be. In spite of the abnormal arteries, overall I think I came from good genes. I am the only person I know my age, who takes no prescription medications, but I still do take my Flintstones chewable multi-vitamin.
chris

Post by chris »

First time I've heard of that.
wove

Post by wove »

I had never heard of it before either. I gather the arrangement of the arteries happens within 6-8 weeks of conception, so I have been living (and doing fine) with this setup since before I was born. Being a cynic, I think the medical people are just more interestd in sating their own curiousity, than in my health and well being.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many people have different blood pressure on each arm and in some cases it can be a sign of health issues. My blood pressure spiked during my eye exam and they went ballistic sending me to the internal medicine floor to be evaluated. Part of it was the white coat syndrome but apparently Lisinopril just wasnt controlling it enough the last month or so, so they put me on another med. Blood pressure has dropped but isnt quite there yet but its only been 3+ days. I didnt know you had high blood pressure for 30 years Capt, Ive only had it for about 2 years. The stress of working in the pandemic I think took its toll on me on top of working for a crappy manager.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Chris wrote:I rattle sometimes :)
I love that. It created such a cascade of delightful images in my head, I just had to chuckle. No offence intended, I hope you have and keep your blood pressure at a respectable level.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm on the lowest dose of Losartin given. BP is pretty good, since I quit that shitty stress laden job, last year. Unfortunately, my diabetes resurfaced, and now I take a shot of Trulicity,once a week. Other than that, I 'm pretty good for meds. I do take gabapetin for neuropathy in my feet,but, it really doesn't do much. Some days, my feet feel like they're on fire, others, they're totally numb....sucks. :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry youve had so many issues Capt. Most of my issues didnt happen till I was around 65.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thanks, CC
It's from years of back breaking labor. When I was in my 20's, I used to move 30 tons of aggregate a day,with my bare hands, then later, moving concert gear(i.e.staging, lighting and p.a.cabinets) I have no regrets about my work ethics, I did what needed to be done.