My M.G.B. is slowly starting to look good again.

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

My M.G.B. is slowly starting to look good again.

Post by tlmiller »

So, got the front clip replaced (was ripped off by an idiot parked beside me) and the front drivers fender (same). Got the hood repainted. And had all the Ford applied stickers for the BOSS 302 package removed, and reapplied in just plain vinyl (won't change colors, but they were heavily sun damaged, and parts were starting to fall apart). Then after getting it back from that (although still missing a chin splitter, they're out of stock everyhwere in the country right now), got a new battery (has been dying for a while, but finally got to the point where I did something about it). Did protectant on all the plastic/rubber surfaces on the inside, not only for protection but also just to clean them.

While it's very obviously not new inside anymore, it's looking GOOD again!!!
wove

Re: My M.G.B. is slowly starting to look good again.

Post by wove »

You have an MGB! Wow, I had an MGB GT in college. What a nice car. I fixed up a '52 Austin Healy in high school. It was a rag top, but I did not have the rag for it, so it was pretty impractical to take to college in the winter in North Dakota so I sold it and purchased an MGB GT which had a hard top. That was one nice car to drive around, but it was about as unreliable as a car can be. Damn nice thing about British sports cars, they are fun to drive and provide lots of mechanic practice.

There was an Air Force Base outside of town. The young airmen would buy these cars on time of course, then they miss their payments and the cars would be repoed. Looking back the town overall was pretty predatory on airman. I think the one I had was a '64-'65. I do remember how much fun it was to drive.

Enjoy driving :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt realize you owned one, very cool!
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

No, not an MGB, an M.G.B. Mean Green B***h. My 2013 Boss 302.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Oops! Skimmed your post really fast and missed it.
Site Moderator