HAD A BLAST..!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

HAD A BLAST..!

Post by CaptNoize »

I took my electric mountain bike out last night for a late ride. I push mowed my grass starting around 8pm,since it was so hot. It was still 85 degrees when I started and I mowed for about an hour. When I was done, I looked at my bike,and it was getting dark. I jumped on it,turned on my front and rear lights, and off I went. I rode to my cousins car dealership, which is right next door,and is totally lighted. I spent about a half-hour circling the lot,then off I went down the road,fully powered using the hub,doing 30 mph. I went about a mile down and back,since I don't like riding the road in the dark. It was the most fun,I have had in a few years..!😁 If you get a chance, I recommend trying an electric bike. It gives biking a whole new meaning..!
wove

Re: HAD A BLAST..!

Post by wove »

That does sound like a blast. Do you pedal more or use the electric more or do they work in combination without the rider needing to think about it much. I do not have an electric bike, but do have an electric scooter, which I use a good deal. The scooter is of course effortless, since all I do is sit on it and ride.

30mph is moving at a good clip for a bike. Yah that does sound like a lot of fun.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

There are 5 settings of Pedal Assist Mode. The first three are differing degrees of pedal assist, 4 and 5, are differing degrees of non pedal, full power, throttle controlled acceleration. I usually just use position 5, full power, throttle mode. In that mode, the bike acts like a motorcycle. But, this being electric,there's no rev up time. Turn the throttle, you're gone...!!!😁
wove

Post by wove »

My scooter has a top speed of 18MPH. But yeah the torque shoots you right off. Everything on the road can pass me for sure, but I can get through and intersection faster than just about anything. And it is stealthy. I enjoy the quiet of it. It has a big basket and I do all the shopping on it. It is good for ~10miles on a charge, so yeah that figures out to just a half hour run time, maybe a bit more because downhill it can just coast like a bike. You can run it down the sidewalk, take it through the park, put it in the bike rack by the door. It is splendid small town transportation. You are absolutely right, it is a blast.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I can get about 18 miles with one charge, but, I haven't really checked this claim out yet. I also haven't yet went trail riding with it yet,since that isn't on my high to do list. This was actually bought for travel to my job, that was right next door. Since I'm working further away now, it just gets used for recreational use,which, is truly a shame. With it's 26" wheels, and knobby tires, I imagine it's really good trail riding. I really believe humanity has "missed the bus" when it comes to electric transportation. Thanks "Big Oil" for screwing us all these years,and messing up the environment. Anyone whos doesn't believe in Global Warming,needs their damn heads examined. We wouldn't be having all these weather problems, if they'd have listened years ago. 😠😠😤😤
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Last day at work tomorrow so Im hoping to have some similar fun over the weekend. I dont use an electric bike but my 20 speed touring bike is amazing even on hills.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I can't wait till you can enjoy your life..! That's what you need to do,the first thing..! Go take a good bike ride,and blow off some stress..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I use to bike all the time usually 20 miles was average but that got lost along the way.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I took a ride on the electric mountain bike Saturday night. Actually rode it next door to the neighbors house warming party. Rode it home in the dark. Lights worked Great..! Front headlight is 60000 Lumens..! Super bright white light, shown at least 50 feet in front of me. The bike display monitor was brilliant,also..! Riding at night takes on a whole new dimension..!😁 I rode down the middle of the road, doing 28 mph. The chill of the night air,blew thru my hair. I suggest anyone reading this, try it. Amazing...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats the way to relax and get some exercise.
Site Moderator