Things came to a head today

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Things came to a head today

Post by crosscourt »

I could have tortured myself further and tell myself we cant afford to stop working but at some point you have to move past those fears. My job has consumed my life for far too long and its time for someone else to step up. The level of service that I gave them was high quality and they got addicted to it and in the process burned me out. Now I have to work hard to disassociate myself in the next month. I have no intention of allowing them to hang on and call me everyday about things and I become their long term free support system.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

You are in control,don't let them use you any longer. There is far more important things to do in your life now. I wouldn't answer any phone calls, emails or texts, from them ,from now on. They'll take as much advantage of you as possible,don't let them...!
wove

Post by wove »

Congratulations on the retirement. It is always nice to leave irritants behind. I wish you a long and happy retirement.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just gotta grit my teeth for the next two weeks and hope it doesnt get crazy. To show you what an ass my regional is, he sets up this personnel meeting for 10am Monday and doesnt even ask if that fits into my schedule. Not going to the meeting anyway as my notice changes the situation as its more than likely about my boss leaving but possibly she will point the finger at me. My boss can ask me whatever she likes in the next two weeks but shes leaving too so this will get interesting. If the regional decides to be a real ass I might end up leaving immediately or he might try to terminate me which for me is a yawner. I still get my vacation payout, losr two weeks pay but they will get absolutely no firther cooperation. Shows you how toxic this situation has been for over a year.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Do you realize how much stress you've been dealing with..?? You certainly don't need this horse 💩💩 at this point in your life. I wouldn't even show up for the meeting. What will it gain you..???? All it's going to do,is get your blood pressure up,get you pissed off, and ruin the rest of your day. Instead, why don't you get up and go do something you haven't done in awhile. Maybe take the wife and go to brunch, then go to the park,or an afternoon movie. Shut your phone off. Be unavailable. You're now... THE BOSS..!!😁 Do only what makes you happy...!😁 :lol: :D You've done your part for King and Country, it's your time to enjoy. You've worked your whole life for this...!
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I mean, the possible upside to the meeting is since you've given your notice, you can be BLATANTLY honest in it if you went. Like, not even trying to say negative things in a positive way. I know that always brought enjoyment to my life when I got to do that. Also just the general feeling of freedom of setting in a meeting with someone who's angry and you just smile and are happy the entire time becuase you know you're free of their asshattery. But that may be mostly me, I am a vindictive and spiteful individual.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im not quite like that but I want nothing to do with the regional and the parent company. I can communicate with my community and Board directly without them and do what I can within reason if needed. Having had an HR issue with him once already, I have an intense dislike for him and really dont ever want to talk to him. The worst he can do to me is terminate immediately thus I lose two weeks of pay but Im free. He cant take away my being paid for my Vacation as the handbook states even in cases of termination, you still get paid out.
Now that said since both my boss and I are leaving hes got a real headache in keeping his contract given he has no clue whats occuring on the property and no one experienced to deal with it. Boilers/chiller need to monitored, trash is a huge issue with Covid, emergency response, and general maintenace wont be done. Lets see how he does given his lack of involvement with everyday issues and operation.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The 10am meeting didnt happen as the regional got my resignation/notice and cancelled it. Then the real bombshell hit as the property manager, my boss, resigned immediately with no notice. This leaves the property after I leave with no physical presence to handle anything that happens.They wew in the middle of renewing parking and the annual meeting. Didnt think what happened last week would have caused my boss to not give 2 weeks notice.
It shows how irrespnsible a person she really is and should never had worked on this property.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Well CC,
Just stay the course. Too Bad,So Sad, for those pricks. As far as that ditz that was your boss, it totally shows how much she cared about the place. I'm waiting on word from this job that contacted me over the weekend. I was going to try and use it as a significant pay raise,( not a chump change $1 an hour) but I don't know if they'll go for it. After the way they have been treating me, they probably could care less. That's why like TL, I'm vindictive, and vengeful. If I leave, I'll work my last day, leave, and on my way home,call my lying back stabbing boss,and tell him I quit... no warning, just drop a bomb on them👎💀 :twisted: :twisted: I have no respect for them and utter contempt :x :x :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

8 days to go. I had people chasing me around the property today about issues in their units, which were the responsibility of the owner not the HOA. Certainly wont miss all the hassles on this property. My job took over my life to the point that I rarely left the property in 14 years. Emergencies and constant issues pretty much kept me prisoner. It will be amazing to be able to move freely and go where I want to go without worrying that my phone will ring and Ill be back handling an emergency.
Site Moderator