Things came to a head today

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Things came to a head today

Post by crosscourt »

My boss wasnt cooperating as usual and we had a serious incident on the property and she accused me of bullying her and being overeactive. The lifeguard at the pool was allowing young kids to jump in the shallow end of the pool repeatedly. I asked him to stop but he blew me off. Called the Pool Company then went to her to discuss as we typically close the pool until we get another guard. This has happened before this year. The situation went south I could tell things were different and I told her I couldnt work with her any more and would give her my two week resignation. She then proceeded to tell me she didnt trust me and we didnt see eye to eye on things. I told her the same as she gets very little done, never takes responsibility and is completely clueless about nthe property as a whole. She proceeded to tell me I woulodnt have to leave as she was going to leave instead.
There are some things that you just cant ignore on large properties and have to handle them right away. She prefers to look good and not make waves but safety is something you dont compromise. Ive seen kids slip and hit their heads and cause neck damage that paralyze them.

Have no idea where this will go now as Im not sure what my Regionals reaction will be and how much she will discuss with him when it happens. If I had resigned, a lot would have come out as I would have explained how bad things have b een and how ineffective shes been as a manager.

Stay tuned as I could be retired here in the next week or so.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Things came to a head today

Post by tlmiller »

AT least you should have closure with having to deal with her one way or another soon.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Curious as to what she will tell the regional and if thats going to trickle down to me and cause issues. Short term they cant replace me with my wealth of knowledge but doesnt mean the regional might decide to act. I can always talk to the board of directors and maybe go back to working for them. If he sends me to HR again, thats it. Its odd when an employee whos been here 1 year tells an employee whos been here 13.5 years that hes not trusted.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Finished some projects this morning and Im sitting in my office at the clubhouse sort of in an eye of the storm. My boss talked to the regional last night at the board meeting but did not announce she was leaving directly. Not sure whats going on or how long the situation will remain like this. He hasnt emailed or called me so far but lets see what happens. If Im here Ill have to deal with another new manager unless they decide to let the regional office just down the street handle the affairs of the property and Ill work with a portfolio manager instead. Either way life is going to get far more complicated than I would have preferred at my age. So far today though no actual contact with my boss so far.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That didnt take long, regional wants a personal discussion at 10am on Monday. Not sure if its about the boss leaving, the boss trying to put the blame on me or he wants to fire me. He cced the employee relations manager and the president/vice president of the Board. Not sure if its because of the boss leaving or going after me for what she perceives as an issue. Part of me just wants to resign and move on with my life, but Ill be giving up a lot of cash but thr stress level has been crazy.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I decided to call it quits. I sent my regional my resignation effective 7/16 and my last day will be 7/29. Will have to learn to live on a fixed income but we have no debt outside of the condo and we have $120000 in retirement funds and another $91,000 in cash and savings. My wife is still working and we both get social security so I think things will be ok.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
With those kinda assets,you should be ok, as long as you don't get sick. Medicare should take care of it, but you may want to get an extra healthcare policy,just to cover things Medicare doesn't cover. On resigning, I think you're way better off than tolerating that nonsense. They simply don't appreciate you, just like the assholes I work for,don't appreciate me. You'll be far better off. When one door closes, another one opens... ;)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We have Kaiser Permanente as our Medicare advantage plan so it should be fine. My health recently has had some issues and I want to take better care of myself and enjoy life. I gave them almost 14 years of my life, thats enough. Going to look for some additional income thru online sources.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
You're good to go then..!👍 Look, you're a talented guy,you have tons of experience. Why should anyone of your background, put up with that kinda 💩💩..??! And you said the key thing here is, you, like me, has had some health issues. Like I said,nothing in life is guaranteed. I lost 2 cousins,and a close friend, all on Palm Sunday weekend,this past year. It's later than you think. Personally, I wouldn't have even told them I was leaving,the way they disrespected you. I would have left them " high and dry" . But that's me. There's plenty of side hussles out there. You'll be busier than you think,and you can pick and choose what you want to make money at. Enjoy your retirement..!😁
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Tend to agree with Capt. From all your posts it sounds like the job was causing more stress and annoyance than the income was worth to me. So congratulations on your retirement, and enjoy!!