Things came to a head today

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Things came to a head today

Post by CaptNoize »

I did it..! After all the Bullsh*t, I had enough. I asked that backstabbing prick that hired me, today, if anything I did was up to what he thought was acceptable. He himhawed around,and wouldn't give me a straight answer, citing that we would need to have another meeting with the HR girl, who knows nothing about the products I'm building. It's funny how the government inspectors call my builds exceptional, and he calls them substandard. At that point, I realized that it didn't matter how good my builds were, he was ALWAYS going to find fault with my work.
At that point,I said let me think about it,the meeting, and call you later. I had already determined i was out, and wasn't giving them a notice. I waited till I got home,changed clothes, then called him and dropped the bomb. He seem flabbergasted at first, then said he would let the HR girl know, so if she needed to talk to me.I said that is ALL you and her need to know. I QUIT..!! 😠😠😠 GFY...!!!😁💀😤
I feel 50% better already,and it's only been a few hours...!!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It took me a bit longer as I came from giving two weeks notice. I felt lighter,free, relaxed and able to just sit back and enjoy. Thoughts of money and other things still rang thru my mind but thats slowly ebbing away. Now I can focus on my health as having money and not being healthy isnt much of an option. My job sucked the life out of me and I really didnt realize how bad it is. My community never thanked me for my service directly which surprised me, yet the adjacent community thanked me and gave me a present and a card, for all the things I did for them along the way.
My wife is thrilled Im retired and as time goes by Ill get more and more adjusted. I hope you also find something similar and can stay healthy.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm so glad I actually enjoy my job and have a great boss. I'm far too young to consider retirement.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I had a good situation with my jobs location. I was 5 miles from my work, the road was a straight shot, and I did work with a few friends,and met some new, nice people. I detested the floor manager,and my supervisor, they were both sneaks and liars,who lived to stir up trouble. Also,this company has so many OSHA violations,someone is always getting hurt there, since it's a metal fab shop. Unfortunately, the negatives began to outweigh the positives, and I shouldn't have trained the old bitty they brought in from the temp services,to help me with my job. But, they ought to be thankful I didn't leave them high and dry, they'd been really screwed. As bad as they treated me, I left them pretty good. Alot better than I started there with. My conscience is clear about quitting,and I'm going to take a few weeks off to decompress. I will be submitting applications during this time,but I got things to do around my home,and car repairs, before Winter hits, even tho we're a few months away. Putting up with constant bitching and conieving, takes alot out of you. :roll: :roll: :x
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm looking to get a job working from home(remotely) Got any suggestions..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Depends a lot on your skills, what your familiar with or whether they might train you. To work remotely though youll be using Windows in many cases and your hardware/internet connection is also a factor. Its something I cant really advise you on as you may need to do some research and look around to see if anything suits you. Ive done support work for HP and Dell in the past and ran my own Ebay business for a time selling electronic components.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I applied for a dispatcher position at a local water company. It's a remote job, so I will see if I get a call. I do have high speed internet here, if I need it, and as far as a Windblows computer, I just saw a desktop on ebay (Optiplex 9010) with Windows 10 home edition for $88.00+ shipping. No big deal, I would do what I have to do, to get work.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

*MOST* companies that do WFH do VDI of some form. Whether they have internal servers with something like Citrix, or use cloud VDI solutions such as offered by AWS, Google, and MS, it allows them to provide an easy, turnkey, access from anywhere solution that they can control what's installed, they control the security, and provides so that all you need is SOME device with internet access to be able to log into and work.
Last edited by tlmiller on Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Dell 9010 is from the same year as your 7010 a 10 year old computer. You might as well use the 7010 rather than buy another pc. If your using the 7010 for your shop the 9010 would be ok for your needs in the next few years. Make sure to use at least a sata ssd with 16gb of ram and at least an i5 cpu.
Sounds like a great job and being remote should fit your needs better. Win10 is a decent OS and youll have no issues using it full time.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Keep in mind, I'm not using any Microflop programs right now. Both my computers the Dell in the shop and the HP in the house, are both loaded with MX19. The Dell has a i7 CPU with a Sata Hd. The Hp, is alot older, with an AMD CPU, and Sata HD. Let's see if I even get an offer. But, all things considered, WFH is definitely the way for me to go. I'm only able to stand about 5-6 hours in my shop anymore. :roll: :x :evil: