Fedora 36 on Surface Go2

Discussion on Linux distributions
wove

Fedora 36 on Surface Go2

Post by wove »

I watched a youtube video about Endeavour OS running on the Surface Go2, but it said nothing about installing it on Surface Go. I checked the Endeavour forums where I found some discussion about configuring the sensors to get the digitizer and screen to work with the sensors when the tablet was rotated.

The last post in the discussion just said use Fedora it all works out of the box. That intrigued me enough to just download the standard Fedora workstation edition. The last post was correct the screen digitizer and sensors all work right out of the box. I only used Fedora from the live USB stick and only for about a half hour, but it worked well. Fedora picked up the high density display and automatically scaled it to a nicely usable presentation.

The cameras do not work. I have not found come across anything that points to MS cameras working in Linux. I have no idea how accurate the battery gauge is from the live image, but it only showed 2.5 hours on a full charge. It also report the battery in the pencil was below 1% and the pencil would shut down soon.

I am tempted to install Fedora. I would miss the camera, but overall I am guessing I would get more use out of the tablet with Fedora than I do with Windows 11. I need to check and see what all is involved in re-installing Windows. I also want to look around some more and see what I can find out about the cameras. If I were to install Windows 10 using virt-manager could I access the cameras?