Firefox 100

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Firefox 100

Post by crosscourt »

So far no issues even with the recent updates. Speed has improved, aditional security features that dont impact performance and memory usage is slightly down.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Firefox 100

Post by crosscourt »

Firefox 101 just installed on my system. They were pushing their VPN and new security features.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far Firefox 101 has been running very well and is very stable.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm in agreement there. Like MOST of their recent updates, nothing flashy, but it does seem stable.
wove

Post by wove »

My only real complaint with Firefox is that it gets updated far to frequently. That is the trend with a lot of today's software. I suppose it is just personal, but I see rapid update cycles as a lack of vision and planning. I feel you should figure out what your application is missing or is deficient in, create a roadmap to get truly get to the next full iteration and then execute on the plan. Firefox is included with the bulk of distros and updates pretty frequently, if I need to install Firefox, I will usually choose to install the ESR.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

The rapid updates of mainline browsers are mostly security, not features though. They're CONSTANTLY finding security issues, and they generally rarely patch the "release" version, they just increment it. I personally jump through hoops to AVOID using the ESR versions, they're far too old and outdated for my tastes, although CURRENTLY ESR 91 isn't lacking any major features of 101, since almost EVERY release since 91 has been either bugfixes or security patches. Only a few minor features have been added.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They are certainly updating at a rapid pace. Its up to 102.1 already and by the time I spot the new version out, news is coming of the next version.
Site Moderator