HALO EPISODE 1

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: HALO EPISODE 1

Post by crosscourt »

I watched it all the way thru and it was pretty good but given it was a lot like the Halo games it wasnt anything earth shattering. I guess Im a bit desensitized because Ive played the Halo games so much.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Now you see how I feel about those dumbass sitcoms.... :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Actually I dont quite see how I feel to how you feel as an apples to apples comparison. In my case I play Halo games thus seeing a show that depicts the same thing just ends up being more of the same. Good though but I prefer the interactive experience. Sitcoms it always depends on the premise , cast and overall direction. I hated Friends but absolutely love Big Bang.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I loathed Friends....but the one i totally detested was that pigface Roseanne. It makes me ill just to write her name. I was raised with parents who watched all the 60's and 70's sitcoms. The only one I liked of those were All In The Family. I also thought Movin On Up,was funny,and well acted. I couldn't wait till Lost In Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, or Outer Limits came on .
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as Ive always been a scifi fan and preferred to watch scifi based shows over other genres, but I still liked comedy shows.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I liked the old comedy shows. However,there were some stand out episodes,like the All In The Family episode,where Edith died... Wow...that one really blind sided the nation..! It was totally out of sitcom format,and went from a funny beginning,to a profoundly sad ending. Then there was Archie's Place. Mostly funny,but made some prolific political statements. But let's face it,you couldn't miss with The Carol Burnett Show. Yeah,I know I'm "dating" myself,but the show was extremely funny,without being vulgar,or using back alley language. Those were the days....🎶🎶🎵🎵
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Never cared for Archie's Place but most of the sitcoms of that era were pretty good.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I actually liked Carroll O'Connor much more in his " Heat of the Night " series,than any of his comedy shows. He was stellar in an Outer Limits episode with Barry Morse. He was also excellent in "Kelly's Heroes" .
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Loved that episode of Outer Limits where they study murder by using a time reversal device. The older OL I preferred over the newer version.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The new OL had a few good shows,but can't even begin to compare with the original. They used alot of CGI that sucked in the new one.