DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Post by CaptNoize »

Here we go, again. One more week, and this weekend,we'll be turning the clocks back AGAIN..! 😠😠😠😠 I hate it..! And, I'm so SICK of all the political ads on the media, that I use my mute button to the point it's worn out. I almost got in a fist fight over someone telling me, if I don't vote, I 'm a lowlife. Who the Hell do people think they are, judging me..??? I really believe alot of knuckleheads need to breathe thru their noses, and keep their mouths shut..!!💀💀
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Id like it changed but Ive been living with it for 68 years, so I think I can handle it for awhile.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I am in agreement with that sentiment. In a world full of non-sense stuff the time changes seem to trivial to loose sleep over. Oh wait we do loose sleep over it :)

I am also very weary of political ads and look forward to them ending. At which point I suppose the real fighting will start.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm really concerned for this country. I think from what I see in my little part of the world, is everything is going to hell, in a hand basket. At 62,I can still handle things pretty well, I'm out in the country, and I'm heavily armed. But I'm still very concerned. I'm not a prepper, but I'm not lackadaisical. I think 💩💩 is going to hit the fan, right after the elections. :shock: :shock: :o :twisted:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I will say that not having to deal with DST has been the SINGLE best thing about moving to AZ. In fact, I love it so much that I will NOT leave AZ unless where I'm moving to also doesn't do DST. Don't know why, but my hatred for DST knows almost no bounds. I despise it with a fury. I'll live in 130* weather before I ever adjust my clock again.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I like DST because you get more daylight late in the day. Getting more daylight in the morning to me is a waste as when I was working I wanted to come home and be able to go out and enjoy the sunlight. Again in the grand scheme of things its simply not a big deal,
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

In North Dakota the Central Time/Mountain Time, which should about cut down the center of the State was established politically. So Like gerrymandering election districts, the division is a random meandering line. So Bismark and Mandan which are separated by a river are also separated by an hour. So even the shortest trips could result in the time changes. I guess I learned to never pay much attention to clocks and times because it was not uncommon to jump ahead and back an hour a couple times a day.

I rise for the day about 5am and retire for the night about 11pm. I would wish for a lot more day light and changing the clocks really does not help that. The seasons do help though. In June and July it is light out by 5 and it stays light until 10pm. Right now it stays dark until 7am and gets dark at 6pm and it is only going to get worse for the next few months. I really prefer day light to electric light.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Depending on where you live that happens in a lot of places depending on where the time line falls geographically. Im a night owl and it was tough when I was working but I go to bed around 2am and wake up around 10-11am. Just depends on when I wake up as Im not following any schedule any more.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I hardly even notice the time changes here, my clocks change automatically (except a couple of vintage ones) and I get up and go to bed the same time according to my watch (there abouts anyway). The days get longer and shorter according to the seasons anyway so the 1 hour jump twice a year is only noticeable for a short time (to me).
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I heard today that some senators are going to get the law passed to keep DST year round. We'll see if it ever happens in our lifetime.