A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: A New Job

Post by wove »

To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw, "I am certain I could never kill someone, however there are many obituaries I read with great delight." I am the same way with vengeance. Seeing someone get their comeuppance brings a big smile and a warm feeling that the world has been set right. Yet I have always felt that seeking vengeance just takes too big a toll on myself for it to be worth pursuing. For myself just walking away from nasty people is sufficient for relief from the angst they have brought to my life.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I feel alot of times like TL feels,since I 've been shat upon many times by being kind,and good. But the truth of the matter is revenge is toxic. It will destroy you reputation, your health, your life. I've been there,done that. When you get to a certain point in life, I really don't have the extra energy to use for toxic things.I discovered this early on with drinking, drugs and non -productive relationships. I'm looking to reinvent myself again, and I need all the energy I can get to move forward.
Let me be clear here, don't mistake Justice, for Vengeance. If you see someone breaking the law, report it.
Last edited by CaptNoize on Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Exactly and there is so many toxic things going on right now. Lets focus on our health and well being and usually in the long run, they get what they deserve.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm getting job offers,but they aren't what I can do physically, or want to do. I have alot of Big Mouths around here, saying "There's plenty of jobs out here, No one wants to work" That's totally wrong..! Yes, there Are plenty of jobs, but you can't LIVE on these jobs..! Or, the jobs are Hostile Work Environments... Like I just left. You wonder "why" there's so much violence in the country..?? I believe it's partly because of all the strife and trouble in the workplace. Alot of younger guys I know who worked with me,when they got harassed in the workplace, quit without notice, just walked away. One guy I worked with,punched the boss, cause he was yelling and swearing at him, and walked out. Others that I know, shouldn't be confronted, cause they have really bad tempers,and carry guns... :o :shock: I'm glad I'm close to retirement, I can struggle thru the next few years, if I have to.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My recent boss quit without notice and she caused more problems than anyone expected and my company really didnt blink an eye. If I had done that there would have been issues and penalties. The workplace is really crazy right now. After 13 years of service my board was co,mpletely luke warm when I left, it shocked me given the 24/7 nature of my job.
Im doing some work online and Ive got a few clients so making a little cash on the side.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

My shop is somewhat busy, I could probably go hustle more work, but, my depression has been keeping me from it. I just got to get out of the rut, and go do it. I'm doing fall and winter things that need done now,so that's keeping me occupied.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

People found out I was retired and asked if I would do some pc work so decided to do it. If you can push business a bit and work from home, go for it. I know where you are coming from as I have depression issues as well that Ive been dealing with since my 20s. As soon as I get all my medical issues taken care of, next year Im going to open up more and be able to move around more.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes.. I think you're exactly right..! I don't take any antidepressants, never have. I 've kept it at bay,by staying busy and creative. I just need to get more of it, that's all.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive had counseling over the years and that gave me the ability build ways to handle the depression. Thats what Im working on keeping myself busy and make some extra cash where I can.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The only "counseling" I've gotten has been the nay sayers and negative ninnys, trying to advance their own agendas,at my expense. I did have a good friend, who was a clinical psychologist, used to talk with me every other day,on the phone. I never met her face to face. She helped me thru some really dark times,but,ultimately, I quit talking with her, cuz I felt like I was taking advantage of her good nature. She wasn't getting paid to listen to my problems,she was just doing it as a friend. I 've been going it alone,for about five years. It's been tough,let me tell you. And the Pandemic made it even worse.