A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

It's amazing,and humbling, I had 2 job offers yesterday,while I was at my new job,working. The work climate is really changing,in favor of employees. It's taken literally 35-40 years,since "Reaganomics" ruined the local economy here . Finally,employers are appreciating their employees,instead of treating them like 2nd class citizens. I found out recently that my past employer is telling lies about me,saying they fired me. Truth was,I worked there non stop for 2 years, and didn't get a raise,all the while the owners kept adding more work,and continued to bitch about the local economy,and raising my healthcare costs. I left them in a good place,a parts room fully stocked,7 new parts vendors,the forklift that finally run after sitting broken for 6 years,and new safety equipment. Just remember,no matter how much you go out of your way to help, bleeding hearts only cry out for more....😕😤😡
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Who is he telling the lies to? If he tells lies and tries to interfere with your ability to be employed thats a crime. I had the same issue when I worked as the head pro at a tennis club. Rumors were passed around that were lies but they lead to me having to leave and deal with the issues even on the outside. I was having issues with the management and its funny how that happened isnt it.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The customers,the other employees, and some of the neighbors. At this point,I just took a step back,took a good look at the whole situation,and realized it 's not worth 1 moment of my angst. I'm the winner. No matter how much I would like to "Negan" some of them,(introduce them to a barbed wire wrapped ball bat), it's simply not worth it. They'll get theirs,in the end.💀💀💀💀 Some of my friends in law enforcement are going to keep a close eye on them. It's just a matter of time till they step over the line.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The problems followed me around for a long time but the people who knew me best didnt believe the rumors and defended me against a lot of the accusations. Tennis is a tough sport as youre dealing with people of all ages and with that comes the inevitable problems you cant escape. I later found out that one of the foreign transfer students had a beef with me and they caused the situation to get rid of me. They had a track record of causing issues with other coaches.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hows the new job going? Havent heard much.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The new job is going great..! More money, health care picked up by my employer, and a whole lot less bitching and complaining,tho, there was some complaining awhile back,till I simply stated that being I'm pushing 62, I stated to my boss,when he started complaining about a job I did( keep in mind, I had zero training,and was thrown into building a device I knew nothing about,nor had never seen) that I'd be HAPPY to retire,and call it a career,if my work wasn't sufficient. Everybody has to understand my attitude... at this point in my life, I'm DONE putting up with B.S.,and being dissrespected. They brought a 26 year old punk in to work with me. After 2 days of me training him,they asked him to do a job that I had done for a month,he did it for 1 day,said it was too hard,and quit..! He didn't even call in to tell them he was quitting..!! This is what's out there. So employers are slowly wise- ing up,and not being such assclowns,like they were in the past. The work ethic isn't there,anymore,and people with work ethics like mine, are a highly valuable asset. I'm happy to go to work,be on time,work my 8 hours,keep my mouth shut,and do a good job.
So, I'm happy, so far...but that could change at any time.
BTW... I fixed an LED on 200 motherboards,which were going to be thrown into a dumpster, took me 3 days. Savings of over $100,000...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Nice work on the motherboards. Thats the attitude I have now as Im 68 and honestly, you want to make my life tougher, Ill just retire. They will never find someone with my knowledge and experience let alone my work ethic. I take things slower though these days as I dont have the horsepower any more.
Vendors do a lot more of the work onsite compared to when I was younger. Ive got a lot of body issues that came from years of working and being 68, so my expectations are far lower.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Exactly CC..! I'm done with thinking my talents and skills are not valuable. When I examine my current situation,and place in life, this is not about building a career. That's far over. I'm just trying to get enough money saved and built up for when I do call it quits. Three guys I graduated high school with,work with me. I'm the second oldest,and the mindset we all have,are exactly the same. Especially,on how fed up we all are. :x :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Older workers are reliable and hard working. Many businesses try to get older workers and even with age productivity is good. Thats neat that your working with former classmates. I live in the town I went to school as well as run into classmates as well..
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Former classmates and former workers,that worked for me on rock shows I did in the past. My boss, is 12 years younger than me. And he's been complaining about my paperwork that I've been doing. I told him today,that the inventory system that we have, is non- existant. Everything is totally messed up,and they think by bitching at me is going to get it fixed... Well, it's NOT..!!! I told them that my days are numbered there,if this complaining continues. Like so many other companies, they need to get their 💩💩 together...! I told them what they need to do,yet I'm ignored. So, from today on,I am done giving suggestions. Even the recently hired workers are making comments on how badly this company is run. New "investors" are supposedly taking over in March. I've also seen this nonsense before too. I told some of my friends there at the company "watch what happens"... We might all get the axe.😬💀