Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from All Things Linux

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from All Things Linux

Post by crosscourt »

Our staff would like to wish you and yours a merry Christmas and happy holidays. Stay safe, dont eat too much and hope you have some fun with your tech presents. :D :D :D
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from All Things Linux

Post by crosscourt »

Spent Christmas eve bailing water out of a laundry room in our condo complex due to the heavy rains. Hopefully Christmas will be a bit more quiet.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thankfully Christmas day was quiet and restful, something I dont see very much in my line of work. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got some goodies from Santa.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I have been on the road for a while. Made a big sweep of tuning organs in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. All you read about how bad Covid is in South Dakota is likely true. No one wears a mask, no social distancing and everything is open. Kind of a scarry place. On top of that nonsense we got waylaid by a blizzard in South Dakota which added a day to the adventure. It was really nasty, 0F, 70mph winds, snow and zero visibility.

I think my Christmas present was just home in one piece, and boy it is nice to be back home.

bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tuning organs? Are you a Professional Tuner? My wife and I were both professional musicians back in the day and I use to do piano tuning as well for a time. I also did musical instrument repair, mostly woodwinds among the many things Ive done with my life.
Virginia is a bit better but most people arent wearing masks and act like nothing is wrong.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I was a cabinetmaker and worked at a shop building organs. Years around big machinery ruined my hearing as far as tuning goes. Organ tuning requires two people however, one at the console and one where ever the pipes are. I know the keyboard, and I can fix problems with the organ.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That amazing as there arent many organ tuners around anymore.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Starting my second 5 days of vacation and hoping nothing stupid happens on property to spoil the holiday.
Site Moderator