Microsoft to forcibly update users with older Windows 10 versions

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Microsoft to forcibly update users with older Windows 10 versions

Post by crosscourt »

This came directly from Microsofts site and its going to cause some major issues. Depending on your configuration at the time it changes you may end up with a blue screen or worse. Given recent issues with the 20H2 update and SSD drives something has to break with how Microsoft handles this situation.
Site Moderator
bin

Re: Microsoft to forcibly update users with older Windows 10 versions

Post by bin »

According to ZDnet

"Windows 10: Microsoft starts forcing Windows 10 1903 PCs up to version 1909, not 20H2"

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... -not-20h2/

No problems yet - they have until May to sort this - "Help me Obi-Wan Linus, you're my only hope...." :lol:
wove

Post by wove »

I find it amusing that Windows users seem to live in dread of updates, probably because something that works the way the like will break. Linux users seem to live in anticipation of updates, probably in hopes that something that does not work will start working.

I stuck Windows 10 on the X240. It is kind of a pushy OS; will my life's desires finally be fulfilled if I just start using Edge? It is an ugly OS and pretty contrary to my work flows. The interesting thing I did uncover however is that my other devices, eReader, Wacom notebook, tablet really are much easier to sync to a computer with windows, than looking for and wading through python scripts in Linux.

bill
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The initial news on the Microsoft site alluded to updating people to 2004 but Im so use to MS screwing up you never know what youll get, aka 20H2. That news has since disappeared with only the older posts showing about forced updates.

Except for gaming I see no advantages to Windows but the world is so hooked on it I end up having to use it just to get certain things done.
Im hoping at some point that will change. Win10 is a pusht OS that forces you to do things in a certain way and forces apps on you as well.
Ive had few update issues with Win10 but many users have had serious issues.
Site Moderator